I wasn't going to jump into this thread either, but I need a break from convention work.

Of current shows, Castle is by far my favorite. I seem to have a 'thing' for strong,attractive, competant women. Go figure.

I enjoyed Chuck but it seems to be having trouble figuring out where it wants to go. The premise was too limited to sustain several seasons. It doesn't look good for its survival.

NCIS has stayed strong and I enjoy the Mentalist when I get a chance to see it. The Human Target has potential to be fun, but we haven't seen enough to see if it has legs.

I too liked the Dresden files a lot. The show turned me onto the books (though I certainly wouldn't say that it was better than the books). It took me a while to reconcile the physical differences between the characters of the show and the books.

SciFi (now SyFy, or something like that) also has a great original series with Eureka. Fun show.

Never a big fan of the Stargate franchise, but I did watch them if I was home. Can't watch the new one... its incredibly boring.

I really liked Burn Notice (which I discovered through the DVDs)but I haven't been able to watch it this past season.

I've tried to watch Bones several times but I just don't find her appealing at all.

Not a big Dr. Who fan since the Tom Baker days (Sarah Jane), but I absolutely loved Torchwood which I got into via the DVD sets. I think it took me three weeks to get through all three seasons.

That brings us to Smallville. I'm embarrassed to say that I watch it if I'm home. But for one main reason only... Erica Durance. I think she does a great job as Lois (especially given the 'quality' of material she has to work with). Lets face it, the writing on that show is abysmal.

Tank (who has to admit that his most frequent television watching involves Minnesota Twins baseball)