Glad I could help, CC. smile

Do we get to see the new paragraph, or do we need to wait for the archive version?

Oh, and while I'm writing... Kind of OT, but thought I'd take a sec...

For those interested, there's an old book by Isaac Asimov called "The End of Eternity." It deals with a company which puts up an innocuous front, but which is secretly monitoring the timestream and sending agents around to fix things. Their goal is to achieve utopia by making changes to the past. (Don't get me wrong, BTW -- CC's story is very different and, frankly, much better).

Some of the ideas put forth by the book are that even small changes to the past can have unpredictable effects and that utopia breeds stagnancy.

Unfortunately, the plot centers around an iterative closed temporal loop with no possible entry point and also involves a period of future time which, despite all the changes being made to the past, somehow manages to remain static.

I'm mentioning it mostly because it's the book that got me to think about things like option 2 above. Going back to fix your own mistakes can, in the long run, really mess things up worse than they were before, and repeatedly mucking about with the timestream can have similarly disasterous results.

Hmm. That was kind of longer than I'd meant it to be. Sorry. Anyway, it's an interesting read and kind of pertinent to the subject at hand, so I thought I'd share. <shrug>

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.