You would start off with a POV switch... smile1

“Because the lines are blurring for me, Lois. Then and now. Who we are and who we’ll be. You’re my wife, but you aren’t. I’m your husband, but not yet. It’s getting... confusing.”

She nodded again, too flustered to speak.

“Is it the same for you?” He asked it softly, gently, loosening his hold on her as he did so and stepping back. Something she had come to recognize was very typical of how he was with her. Never crowding her, never forcing her, never pushing. Support offered, freely given, no expectation in return.
ACK!!! I think I'm dying here... soooo waffy!! I love it!! *sigh*

So, she threw herself at him.

She threw because if it was going to happen, it was going to have to be that way. And she threw, knowing he would catch her, always. Forever. Catch her.
Still got those tears in my eyes...

So many things had been hard to believe. So many discoveries had knocked her off balance, sent her reeling, tumbling without a compass. But the one that had been hardest was the idea of herself as some kind of new Eve of the new Eden. She saw herself as many things, but the idea of Lois Lane as revered and adored wife and mother...
That right there is *great*!!

At the first slow touch of his lips on hers, the first tentative brush of tongues, she believed. All of it. Every last bit. She pressed herself against him, against her destiny, her future, her love. She couldn’t get close enough, couldn’t take him in enough.

He sighed, murmuring her name and other wordless things she didn’t try to follow. She didn’t need to. She understood them on the deepest level.
It's right here at this moment, CC, that you should be bloody proud of yourself for reaching such an emotional level to make me cry tears of happiness at a fictional story... it's not anymore. Fictional. That's how real it is.

His mouth opened and shut. She pressed another kiss against it. His eyes closed. “We didn’t sleep all night,” he said in a strangled voice, “you must be... tired?”

“Not really,” she said sweetly.

“Thank God,” he said fervently, He wrapped her up in his arms, returned the kiss she had just given him plus a few more with interest, and floated them up and away.
Just two things: eek and whinging

She looked into the recorder, speaking as plainly and calmly as she could. “Tempus is not a legend. He is real. My job and the job of others in the Ministry of Helpers and Peacekeepers has been to contain him. We have not. And it appears that he has succeeded in his goal to destroy our world. With that in mind, I, Margaret Hathaway, am making this record of our past....”

It would take some time, but she wouldn’t leave until she had covered everything she knew of Superman, Lois Lane, and what they meant to her people.
Bawling like a big baby again... whinging

Might come back for more intelligent comments later... but I have to calm down a bit first.

Sara frown

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.