I was thinking about the board on my way to work today. (40 miles = lots of think time, which can be a dangerous thing if I start thinking about nfic. If you ever hear about a 20-car pile-up in Seattle, visual images of Clark in the shower may be the cause.) OK, back to the point. I was thinking about how this board is such a mood-lifter, and how I have made some really great friends here. <sniffs>

So I thought I'd share the love, and see who else is feeling it. (And I decided to have everyone show the love to three people so it's not too hard to narrow it down.)

So I ask you to fill in the blanks:

I love this board because ...

I want to give a shout-out to ...

My answers:

I love this board because ... I'm extremely hard on myself, and I constantly second-guess my work, up until the moment I hit post on a story, and sometimes afterward, too. It really is a wonderful feeling to see people read and compliment your work, whether it's a one-sentence feedback or one that could fill a page. As an author, I think we have the greatest readers in this fandom. It's an amazing pick-me-up on the worst of days.

I want to give a shout-out to ...
1. SheilaH, for being an amazing fic mentor. She doesn't even write nfic these days, but she set the bar high, and I often look to her writing style and stories for inspiration.

2. JenniDebb, for going against the grain and writing fic that is awesome and different. "My Wife the Boss" takes risks -- and pays off.

3. GuineaPants, for diving headfirst into the L&C universe. It can be daunting task for a newbie to come into such an established fandom, and she brings a great, fresh outlook.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"