I know that Catherine Tate was a controversial choice for the Doctor's new assistant and I'm sure that there must be as many fans hate her as love her by now, but I just have to say that, for me, she has been an absolute joy and this season has been thoroughly enjoyable so far. I was dubious about her myself to begin with, but she just grows on me more and more with each episode.

I just love the relationship she and the Doctor have. Her pluckiness and the way she's finding her feet more and more with each episode (although she did scream for the Doctor when she was attacked last night, I cheered when she thought to use the magnifying glass to help herself instead). Her compassion (Fires of Pompeii has to be one of my all-time favourite episodes - what an ending!). The way she keeps the Doctor grounded and doesn't let her obvious admiration for him get in the way of slapping him down when he needs it, and the sense of wonder she carries with her when they step out of the TARDIS into new worlds.

And I love the humour between them. I love the running joke of their reactions when people keep assuming they're a couple. And wonderful exchanges like last night's 'plucky young girl' ("I'll pluck you in a minute..." goofy )

For me, this has been one of the most enjoyable seasons of all so far.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers