Smallville frustrates me to no end when it comes to the ever present love triangle. If Clark just realized that Lana's not girlfriend material for him, and he started dating Chloe instead, the world would be a better place. As it is, none of them seem to be able to get their acts together. But hey, that's teenage life for ya.
I suppose, Jen, but it's also tv-producer-think. In their little heads, happy = boring. What they seem completely oblivious to is that constant angst can get pretty boring, too. I've stopped watching Farscape (even before they cancelled it :p ) for that reason; they've been doing the "will they, won't they" dance for at least three years now. This last year, they've gone to more and more ridiculous lengths to keep the two apart. At this point, I really don't care *what* they do any more.

I think this is one of the main reasons I like fanfic better than tv wink A million possibilities but almost always, a happy ending smile

PJ
who doesn't actually watch Smallville goofy

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K