For me, the question is still the same: is it better to stay married to someone you know you don't love, when you know you could easily be tempted again to emotional, or even physical infidelity, or is it better to be honest and end the relationship? Now, different people may have a different perspective on that question. As for Lex, we know - though Lois doesn't - that he's already divorced at least one wife (yes, I'm assuming that some things are the same in this universe as in the series ).
I come down on the traditional side of marriage. By that I mean "what's love got to do with it?" For hundreds of years marriage had nothing to do with love, it was, and still is, an institution to help stabilze society and provide for smooth transition of assets to future generations. For hundreds of years, and still today in some social groups, women didn't even meet their husband until the wedding day and these marriages, were considered successful. It is only in recent times that the idea of marriage for romantic love has crept into the collective consciousness, especially lately with the gay marriage movement since marrying for love seems to be their main selling point.

My point in this case is Lois is not even trying to make her marriage work. She thought marrying Lex was a good idea, she had to or she wouldn't have done it. She tells us herself that her life is pretty good, not what she expected maybe, but I questioned that in an earlier post. It would seem that this version of Lois isn't affected by her parent's divorce, if they are divorced we don't really know that. Most incarnations of Lois paint her as a person who did not want to fail in anything, marriage included, so why is this one going to throw away her marriage so easily? Her excuse of not loving Lex doesn't carry a lot of weight with me since if she didn't love him she shouldn't have married him in the first place, but now that she has she should be learning to love her husband, not looking to end it the first time a guy she thinks she has more in common with comes along.

As for Lex, we don't know the circumstances of his divorce, like how long they were married. I have to assume there were valid grounds, but I suppose since he's rich he could have greased the wheels, but Lois doesn't have that advantage.

I can see where some people shouldn't stay married but they usually find this out after a few years and lots of counseling. My problem with Lois is her willingness to quit this marriage after two months! She hasn't even completed the honeymoon for goodness sakes! If she'd been married a year or so I think I'd be less strident about this. After a year or so she'd be able to make a reasoned, logical decision that she doesn't love her husband, that she's not happy in the marriage, and that it is time to end it. The way it looks now, Lois comes across as a flakey, fickle woman who didn't give any thought to getting married and therefore doesn't care about leaving it.

Please tell me your thoughts on marriage as an institution and how Lois should be affected as well. Also, please try to ignore the soul mates thing since that should not play into this discussion either.

Thanks for your time,

Ray