Originally posted by KenJ:
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]
Jessica, the Ob/Gyn of the family AKA Hazel,
had married Richard (Rich) Stuart an Anthropo-Archeologist.
I can see Rich picking some Latin name which has roots in his love of history, cultures, and Archeology. Maybe the ancient Mayan word for Hero. Ken, does Rich specialize in certain region of the world or an era in which he's especially fond?

I tried looking for Hero in Mayan, and couldn't find it. I did find "help" which is "aantik" or "helper" which is "aantah". But I don't really like either one of those. I also saw "jaguaro" (I'm assuming is Jaguar) "chakmool", which is a cool name, but sounds kinda Klingon-ish. There's also "mosquito" which is "k'oxol", which I like too. "puma" (like a mountain lion) is "koh" which would work well if he adopts the "el" surname as "Koh-El". "rooster" is "t'eel" which wouldn't need to add the "el" to it since it already ends in "El". I don't remember Rich's personality really standing out in the story.

Knowing a little more about the personalities of the spouses might help us figure out which direction they would go to pick a name. Right now all we have is jobs, which all of us nobody wants to be defined me (well, at least I don't). We're all more than our chosen profession. What kind of music do they like or do they play a musical instrument? Do they have any hobbies or special talents or interests? Do they focus on a certain type of rescue or prefer a special ability, which might lead us to bird name for someone who especially like to fly, or fire names for ones who used his / her heat vision often, or ice names for those who used their cooling breath.
Rich's specialty is ancient Amer-Indian cultures. His thesis was on the Wampanoig tribe of Plymouth Mass. That was the research trip that Jess accompanied him on where he proposed. [/b]
Ancient and studying the Wampanoag really do not seem to work together. "pre-Columbian contact" is probably the best term for studying the Wampanoag. It is hard to get very far back pre-contact, and thus it really does not work as "ancient". Most ancient Amerindian studies are Meso-American, but it sounds like he does pre-contact North American native studies.

John Pack Lambert