Originally posted by KenJ:
Since Jennifer's parents were killed in the accident she has no living family, being an only child other than the Langs. I would see her adopting the El family as hers and assuming the 'S' crest and a Kryptonian name.

I will take suggestions for her Kryptonian name, The conditions are that it should become a pronouncable word or name ending in 'el' similar to those of the other girls - Noel, Hazel and Angel.
Other Girl Names ending in "el": N'el (although Nell does make one think of the Newtrich sisters), Rach-El, Ari-El, Isab-el, Eth-el, Mari-El (I like this one laugh ), Ya-El (I'm not familiar with Yael, but it's in my baby name book - always a good buy for naming characters wink ), Ja-El (Jael?), Gret-El (Gretel),

Or you could play around with traditional spellings: Ada-El (Adele), Kar-El or Car-El (Carol), El-El (short for Ellen or Ella), Mich-El (Michelle), Bel-El or Be-El or Ba-El (Belle), She-El (short for Shelly), Abiga-el (Abigail), Lela-El (Lelia), Odi-El (Odilia), Apr(i)-El (April), Ceci-El (Cecile), Ka-El (dropping the L from Clark's Kryptonian name, or the opposite of Elka), Nad-El (Nadia), Ash-El (Ashley or the boys name Ash + El)

Or take just a short name which would sound good with the El suffex: Liv-El, Cass-El, Joy-El, Viv-El (Vivian), Thea-El, Bree-El or Bre-El (So not to have too many e's), Bryn-El, Cor-el (Cora-El), Kay-El, Ma-El (Mae), May-El

BTW: I will also take suggestions for Lara's Kryptonian name.
What about the simple: Lar-el? (Laur-El), since her Kryptonian name isn't known to the general public the similarities wouldn't be so obvious.

Since Alice (Ali-Ce? was it) married into the El family, couldn't her hero name simply be Ali-El? Being that Alice is a common enough name the two would not necessarily mean that they're the same person.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.