Elisabeth,

Aww, your poor girls! My sister was bald until she was two, so people thought she was a boy until she was three. Even in her pink overalls. wink

You said:
P.S. Bethy, my hair takes much longer to style at a short length than a moderately long length. I donate it every three years, so in that third year it takes a long time to work with. (It gets too dry and it takes longer to get the knots out.) In that last year, I've found that if I take three minutes to braid it before I go to bed it saves me fifteen to twenty minutes of messing with it in the morning.
My thing with it long is that I don't "stlye" - I use conditioner, brush, blowdry bent over with the hair all hanging down, flip back rightside up, brush, part, go. Then again, when I decide to do a french braid and tuck the end up underneath to look professional...*that* takes forever. But for some reason, the styling involved in drying short (layered, particularly) hair takes me eons and never turns out well.

Hence the desire to avoid post-Season2-Lois haircuts. Until I grow out my shaved head (someday), of course. wink

Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.