I know that, but it doesn't feel right to me to nominate stories without having considered the other potentials in that category.
I know it doesn't help you out much for this year, Carol, but just for future reference for you and anyone with the same problem - it is possible to get started on reading the majority of the eligible stories without waiting for the eligibles list to be posted by K-Comm.

Each year, fully 90% or more of eligible stories will have been uploaded to the Archive. So if you go here on the Archive website, you can work out without too much difficulty which stories are within the eligible period and start reading right off the bat. Then catch up with the additional stories not on the Archive soon as K-Comm gets the list out.

Although, it's fairly possible that this year was a unique situation and none of this will be necessary next year. I understand there was a delay in getting the list onto the Kerth website due to a technical glitch on the site. Usually, K-Comm get it up pretty smartish, right after I send them the Archive list at the start of January.

But, just in case...it's always an option that might help. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers