While I'm not a writer (and yes, I will stick to that claim!), I have had quite a few half-written stories on paper and hard drive. When I first found fanfic, I was heavily into two shows: L&C and Sliders. While it wasn't the first fanfic I found (Oddly, that would be Hercules, Xena, and Highlander, all found on newsgroups), it was the first I started reading. And I got a few ideas for stories. Sadly, both ideas, one for each fandom, and huge Mary Sues, because I wanted to put myself in those universes. The Sliders story was just a girl (me) in the park that sees the intrepid explorers slide in, then have to slide back out quickly. I think she was supposed to know about Sliding, but only because it was a tv show in her world, and she was hoping it was real? The L&C story was about a girl who, wearing glasses herself, would NOT be fooled by them. I think she was also going to die tragically. Alas, poor Callie will never see the light of day.

The first one ever published and submitted was the day I was mad that they put The Lion King on instead of L&C, even though I love that movie. :p

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited