"When we get back to Metropolis," said Lois conversationally, "I'm going to slice Perry White into very, very small pieces. Probably," she mused with a certain degree of malicious relish, "with that brass and silver letter-opener he keeps on his desk. You know, the one with the lyrics to Love Me Tender inscribed on the handle?
rotflol

Inspired!

Labby, what they said!! In particular:

1. I, too, love Robert Frost's poetry (particularly "The Road Not Taken").

stranded in the middle of nowhere and Clark's powers are intermittent at best
What kind of Kryptonite was it, I wonder? Maybe a mix-- erratic effects...

I am a little worried about his leaving her out there with the lions and tigers and bears
Yeah, and you know how trouble just loves Lois!

But that's all I can say...beta's vow to keep her lips sealed
Sooooo, Lynn, how much influence do you have on, say, posting schedules?

5. Loved the milking pigs part! rotflol

Tank (who thought it would be funny if Clark, in trying to warm up the car, would have heated the gas tank too much causing it to explode)
rotflol You're evil! rotflol So is Roo's hubby.

I love the writing style!!!!!!! The vocabulary - thumbs up:
Yes!

This is a "keeper" already. You hooked us in quickly and powerfully, kept us all engaged throughout this section, and did a very nice job of introducing new ideas and crises (the location of the stranding, the iffy powers). I'll be waiting, lined up with all the others, for more!

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler