Labrat, I liked this story. I like the way it begins right in the middle of the problem. The one flake of snow on Lois' cheek set the scene. Except I guess I haven't seen the blanket of snow that must be there from the blizzard they just endured. Are they snowed in now as well as stranded? You know, I wondered as I read this why not just put the car in neutral and push it slowly into town. It'll take a long time, but at least they'll both be closer to town...I know, silly idea.

I am intrigued by the way you're introducing the kryptonite problem. I've always wondered why he doesn't fall when flying or something. That was a good way to show us the seriousness of the problem. No powers versus intermittent powers.

I liked the way you had Lois upset and miserable about the trees and the woods and all things not citified. I liked the way Clark's head was under the hood and yet he didn't know how to fix things. He had figured out the photocopier that day, but perhaps without x-ray vision he hadn't been able to know the problem. Of course, he always had to learn as he went along in life...first aid lessons, etc.

Their conversation was very true to life. Her unsurity about Lex and her feelings about Clark talking about her private life...it was all well done. It hinted at the fact that she might not be all that happy about being with Lex, but moreso with the lifestyle of all things citified in riches.

I had wondered why he didn't heat up the car before he left, so was glad to see he did it on the way.

You made it quite understandable why he was upset about losing his powers, the red panic, the not knowing what the pattern would be, not knowing who had the kryptonite...

It's obvious you have a plot happening behind what we see in this first part. But you've hooked the reader with the car scene. I find myself hoping for this and not that, worried about this or that; so you've really caught me with a hook.

Looking forward to what comes on Tuesday.
Nancy

It's always such an embarrassment. Having to do away with someone. It's like announcing to the world that you lack the savvy and the finesse to deal with the problem more creatively. I mean, there have been times, naturally, when I've had to have people eliminated, but it's always saddened me. I've always felt like I've let myself down somehow.