This story hooked me right from the start.

Roo said:
I love the writing style!!!!!!!
I couldn't agree more. There were so many lines I fell in love with. Pure poetry. For example:

the black shadows of the wood beside the road seemed to linger like rubberneckers, crowding close to witness the humiliation of the Planet's top reporter
and

The last of the snowfall that had finally ceased a bare half hour previously, rustled and shifted among the branches of the pines, making them whisper like disapproving aunts.
and of course,

The woods. Thick with snow and silent as sentinels. Watching. Waiting. Timeless.

Deep. Dark and deep....

<The woods are lovely...dark and deep...> The stray thought wove its way into her head, the remnant of something long-learned and long-forgotten, and she frowned.

"'But I have promises to keep'," she murmured in response and then sighed.
And this is just from the first few paragraphs!

Not only is it masterfully written, but the storyline has got me eager to read more. What happened to Clark's powers? Will they go out all together? When will they return? Will this be a revelation story? Oooh, so many unanswered qustions. I am counting the days until Tuesday!

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster