That's kind of what I was envisioning - Clark becoming almost reckless in his pursuit of the truth and bad guys. A lot more like Lois, actually. I think it'd be interesting to turn the tables and have Lois worried about Clark "dangling over the jaws of death", requiring Lois to regularly save him.
That would complicate things now wouldn't it? The arguments would be delicious. I bet even though she'd be annoyed etc, she'd find it pretty attractive (this could make ridiculously good nfic as well). Until it goes Too Far (tm) of course.

As for angst, Kathy Brown once accused of being an 'angst whore', which I can't in good conscience deny.
Hahaha. I can't get enough of character torture (in good conscience that's what I would have to call it blush )-- I've been reduced to abject begging on more than one ocassion (not that I have any dignity to lose).

Anyway that's the problem I have with the comic book storyline Paul mentioned. That whole bit about just making the best of it sounds nice. Too nice.

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png