quote:it so happened that two authors came out on top multiple times. Which made me wonder if I was fair or simply a part of the herd.

There is another option, of course. Perhaps they simply wrote the best stories that year. I sometimes think that we can analyse our choices too far, worry about the reasons too much, and miss sight of the fact that maybe we chose a certain story because it was well-written. You know, now and then, it does happen. [Big Grin]
Hah! I LOVE that LabRat!

And I can say this next part because I am such a newbie (haven't even hit the 1 year mark yet). I don't think anyone should feel like they shouldn't nom or vote for an icon, or an old-timer, or maybe someone who just gets "talked about" or "mentioned a lot". Here's the thing -- if *everyone* felt that way, then those writers wouldn't get any noms. So I personally won't be noming or voting for a newbie only because they are a newbie (well except in that "new authors" category laugh ) -- I will nom/vote for a newbie if I really feel that their story was the best.

This is a vote to express how YOU personally truly feel about the fics you have read this year. Which fics really touched you? Which ones left you in tears? Which ones were you sitting on the boards hitting the refresh key every 5 minutes because the author said they were getting ready to post the next part?

I'm going to nom/vote for the stories based on my heart - not based on outside criteria... whether the author was an icon or a newbie; whether the story received lots of fdk or very little... etc, etc, ad nauseam.

There's my 2 cents worth - for what they're worth - which probably isn't much except maybe to my dogs and, even then, that's iffy.

-- DJ angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.