I haven't read outside of the L&C fandom in years. What fandoms I read in usually has something to do with the shows I watch, and a lot of the shows I watch have much darker themes--NCIS, Criminal Minds, etc. I don't have a need to read about more dead bodies outside of my weekly viewings. :p I also watch a lot of comedy reruns-Friends, Wings, Frasier, etc. but I can find them so frequently on tv that I don't feel a need to read more about them. Now that Lois & Clark has been off the air in my area for a few years (I don't know about other places?), it's not overwhelming to read a bunch of fanfic a week. And I find the characters so interesting that they keep me coming back even after I became a fan of the show...what, 13 years ago? There's also a little bit of a community thing here, too. This is the first fandom I've ever picked up a fic to read and have been able to say, "Oh, hey, Dave wrote that; I hung out with him in IRC last month!" Or whoever. I'm much likelier to hang around fandoms if I know a few people rather than just surfing the web.

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy