OK, maybe I should have made a poll instead of posting, but I didn't feel like coming up with a bunch of options to chose from, so let me just explain the situation and try to get some feedback. smile

As many of you know, I haven't written for L&C for awhile. After getting some recent feedback on two of my stories, however, I pulled out the notes I had done for the third (and final) part of the series and realized just how extensive they are ... and it got me wondering if I had any options other than just leaving them unfinished on my hard drive. (Beyond the obvious, that is.) If you haven't figured it out from the subject line, I'm talking about "When More Becomes Everything", which is, of course, the third part of the trilogy begun with "When Friends Become Lovers" and "When Lovers Become More."

My outline is ... well, long. Really long. 91 bullet points long. 8800+ words long. For the *outline*. And it's pretty detailed. Not just a few words here and there, but full paragraphs and snips of dialogue, written as if I was telling the story of what was going to happen. Kind of like as if someone was telling you about a movie they saw -- it's not as good as actually seeing the movie yourself, but still, it might be kind of interesting to read.

Or would it? That's my dilemma.

The story, had I ever finished it, would have been easily longer than the first two stories put together. Which is probably why I was never able to really dig in -- it was kind of overwhelming. In the back of my mind, I kept hoping that I would find the time/muse to finish it, but after this length of time, I have to admit that it's just not going to happen.

So, the question becomes, what now?

Would anyone be interested in reading this thing? Just to, you know, see what was supposed to happen in the final part? In addition to the 8800 word outline, I've also got about 6000 words written -- a tiny fraction of what the story would have been, but ... they're there and not doing anyone any good just sitting on my hard drive.

So what do you think? I can't archive the story, obviously, since it's not a *story*. I could post the files here, but I'd hate to set some type of precedent which leads my fellow Board Admins to put my picture up on a dart board. (I can just see it now, some eager young newbie comes along and says, "Oh, look, this fandom lets authors just post notes instead of real stories! I've got a bunch of those ..." wink ) Have I earned a dispensation, or should I try to find a host for the files, and just post the links here?

Or maybe I need to be committed for having delusions of grandeur for even thinking anyone would want to read my story notes in the first place ...

Help me sort this out, guys!

Kathy