I will refrain from sharing them in the interest of not hurting another writer. In fact, the only thing I could think as I read it in Feb. 96 was that I could write ten times better than that, so if this writer could be published on the net, I certainly could.
A published author (whose name constantly escapes me) once said that authors read the work of their fellows with one of only two emotions. Either blistering contempt or desperate envy. So I don't think you're alone in this one, Sheila! goofy

Certainly, I've often found it works that way. I either get fired up to write because I've just read an appallingly awful fanfic and think "Geez, I could do better than this!" or I've read something absolutely wonderful and astounding, which reminds me of what it is I love about a particular show and its characters and inspires me to want to celebrate and explore that love again.

I've just experienced the latter in fact as I've GE'd Erin's The Long Road Home. Thank goodness - the Muse needed encouragement with that Fundraiser deadline coming up fast! laugh Thanks, Erin. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers