Given that I've only got the two, I can't speak too much to redoing old stories. I've found minor typos in my two that somehow made it past my own editing runs AND my GE, but that's life. Not worth anyone's extra work to take out that comma or insert that paragraph break.

As to author development, even professional authors are that way. I was reading Holly Lisle's website last night, and she mentions cringing at some of her first books to get published! Katherine Kurtz and Mercedes Lackey are among my favorites -- and there's definite development in their writing abilities. It's not that I enjoy seeing their development for itself -- I'd rather the whole series be well-written, which is why I'll probably buy the new rewritten versions of KK's original trilogy.

But it gives me hope. Hope that my writing might someday improve. And, as I'm dating a lovely lady who aspires to professional writing, it gives me some hope that even my favorite authors who are really successful started out with stilted dialogue and a shaky plot -- though I'm obviously biased, I think Emi's current work is at least as good as some of my favorites' first efforts.