I'm not sure where the idea came from that there is anything wrong with fanon - I didn't see that suggestion in this thread - although I'm not going back to read all the posts and look, so I could have missed something that's lead you all to that conclusion. <g>

I certainly don't believe there's anything wrong with it - to me it's a natural evolution from canon and quite cool. It shows inventiveness, originality and that the author's been seriously studying the characters, if you ask me.

Now, if Nan had posted on one of the other threads which have been discussing what's in character or not and what's in canon or not...I'd have posted to say I was thinking exactly the same thing. goofy But, here, in this thread, I thought we were simply having fun, rather than debating what was the 'right' course.

Anyway, I've generally always believed that you should write fanfic for the fun of it. I've always tended to follow the philosophy of C S Lewis. Write the stories you want to read. If others want to read them too, that's icing on the cake. But really if you're having fun in the writing and with the characters that's all the justification you need.

I'm sorry if my innocently intended question has confused anyone, or lead them to believe they're doing something wrong. Kind of ironic when it was really intended to be a celebration of the inventiveness of our authors. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers