The only time I lived in a dorm room was in 97-98. However, my experience was pretty much the same. We were allowed to have overnight visitors on the weekend (that means guys). On weeknights, the guys were supposed to be out of rooms by 10pm. Didn't always happen, but what they didn't know didn't hurt us. Though I think we had to hide my roommate's boyfriend in the closet once or twice. My dorm building had two towers: one tower was for the girls, and the other was for the boys. In the boys tower, on the 6th floor I think, they were expiramenting with a co-ed floor. The rooms were alternating boys-girl-boy-girl all around the floor. I think they had partitioned the big bathroom/showers so it wasn't one big bay, but two smaller bays for each gender.

My dorm room just had the two beds. A few people were lucky and got the room to themselves, so they could push the beds together to have a double bed. My husband, however, went to a school that had suites. The floors were one-gender floors, I think. There were anywhere between 2-3 beds in each room. I guess if you lucked out and had 3 beds and 2 people, you could push two of the beds/bunkbeds together for a double, and someone would just get the single top bunk.

I couldn't answer any questions about pregnancies, sorry.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited