(I know, please dismiss the crazy that goes with that)
That's nothing.

You want to know what I do? Since I am a drama person who likes performing, the actress in me wakes up from time to time and I like to practice that by imagining myself in different situations (get in charcter) and as different characters. I think my mother thinks I'm schizofrenic... anyway, sometime I get carried away and start imagining scenes and acting out dialogue and stuff. Then I go and write it up. Er, if anyone still thinks I'm sane, I am very deeply grateful. goofy

Or sometimes I just watch TV and see a scene that seems like it would be a good start for a story, or a situation that I think will be interesting for Lois and Clark - for example, what would have happened if Lois found out she had a twin sister somewhere (well, okay, I've been watching too many of those spanish novelas but still)?

Usually when I want to read about Lois and Clark in a specific situation or time period, I look for it in the archive. If it's not there, I write it - for example, right now I have a WIP about Lois and Clark in their college years, because I didn't find anything about it in the archive. I have another idea in the works, but it probably won't be written for a long time.

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)