And I may get yelled at for this, but Masques wasn't to my taste because it leaned too heavily on introspection; I like stories that have lots of action, and much of the story was *very* internalized. (Zoomway's Persistance of Memory and Ann McBride's More Than Partners series are more to my taste)
Well, there certainly won't be yelling from me, Laura. I'm only surprised that you continued to read till the very end! goofy I'd have given up long before that amount of pages if it didn't suit my reading preferences. laugh

Life is waaaaaaaaaaaay too short to go around reading stories that don't suit your tastes and any author who expects 100% readership from a fandom with so many varied reading preferences would be exceptionally naive. wink

So, no yelling. Just a reiteration of my personal philosophy - each to their own. smile I think we have a fandom rich in fanfic that caters to most tastes. Which is one of the things I love about it.

I hope that your favourite authors write more stories for you to enjoy in the future. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers