I've really enjoyed hearing everyone's different comments.

While I am a relative newbie to posting, I will say this:

1. I started When the West Wind Moves back in July when I was still a lurker and before I found the message boards. I started Fast Enough in September and finished it in February, when I finally joined. When I'm posting a story, I find that I am much more committed to working on it and working through the writer's block (WTWWM was 20 pages untill I posted FE, and it materialized into a full story as a result of comments and a wonderful BRed, Avia).

2. Both Fast Enough and WtWWM were completed pieces when I began posting them. STGTTIR is well, not, and I think I'm going to try the posting as I go style and then make revisions after I finish (this was decided after reading people's comments).

3. As for deciding when I post -once the comments from the previous section have died down, I post the next. Length? I like going for good ending points / cliffhangers of sorts.

Elle Roberts

She's a dancer who doesn't dance. He's a painter who doesn't paint. It's like a bohemian version of the Island of Misfit Toys. – “Igby Goes Down”