I posted my first story (Anybody's Baby) as I was writing. I had a big buffer and thought I'd be fine posting once a week. But then the story underwent some MAJOR changes as I was writing, and I had to stop and explain the changes. And then I was so busy making corrections and changes that it was hard to get done on time. Combine that with the fact that the final parts were being posted over Christmas and I was having a hard time getting internet access because I was out of town. After that, I swore I'd never post as I went ever again. I'm REALLY glad I did it that time, because I got some much needed help and feedback. But now that I have wonderful BRs, I tend to finish the entire story before I begin posting. Then after I'm done, I go back and make any necessary changes. So, because my stories are done when I begin posting, and I can post as quickly as I like. And I tend to post very rapidly, usually every day or every other day. I'm sometimes tempted to hold out longer to draw out the suspense (and I think Labby's right about the length between the installments being related to the amount of feedback). But when I'm reading, I love stories that are posted quickly, so I like to give that to my readers. Besides, I think most of my readers know I'm done when I start posting, and I could be disembowled for holding out on them. <G>

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen