i'll go with once or twice a week. most of my fics have been 1-parters, so i don't have particularly much experience here.

i can say, though, that you get more feedback if you post once or twice a week. post too quickly, and people end up moving to the next part without commenting on the last.

that happened to me with "cape of good hope." i got inspired thursday night, started writing, and posted part 1 on friday, when i was half done with the writing. i gave into the nagging and posted part 2 on saturday. then, it was a race to see if i could get part 3 properly written (and BRed) in time (i'd written some chunks of part 4 before getting back to part 3). i got that up on sunday, and the final part went up on monday.

thing is, comments dropped off sharply when i did that. i think people went away for the weekend, came back monday, saw it had all been posted, and never got around to commenting. i left with the impression that the story hadn't gone over too well, and was thus extremely surprised to see it nominated for a kerth. i think if i'd left a few days between posts, i might have gotten a lot more comments.

so, while the race to get things done was fun and exciting, i think i would have been better off taking things more slowly.

on the flipside, if you post too slowly, people forget what happened before and get confused.

as for the exact post schedule, it depends on you, your writing speed, the length of the story, and your post length. still, once or twice a week seems to be a good rule of thumb.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.