Right before the children could start, a window opened in the room, and a girl with long, purple hair stepped out of it. "Sorry, CC, but I'm afraid that I can't let you do that." The girl shook her head regretfully, then leaned down and started whispering something in Tempus's ear.

A slow, wicked smile spread over his face. "God, I *love* irony," he said. "That's the best idea for disposing of those irritating goody-goodies yet."

"Well, Cousin Tempus," the girl said with a grin. "I couldn't let them kill you off; I need you to fulfill my nefarious plan... so Lois and Clark can stop you."

Tempus chuckled as the girl leaned down and untied him. She activated the window, waved to CC, and pulled him through. The two temporary partners in crime landed in a small apartment near the local university. She handed the device to him and walked out the door. "You're on your own cuz," she called over her shoulder.

Tempus looked at the device and grinned. This would be *fun*.

~*~*~

What? You expected me to kill him? evil What's the fun in that? wink

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying