oh... i'd missed the bumpkin. still wondering if this sub-editor that was mentioned was supposed to be someone. let's see.. i saw in order:

merry, hatman, rat, tank, jose, wendy, anna, annette (anna's place), alica, loriel, hazel,(rabbit... which i'd have missed if not for irc spoilers), maria, rivka, tarkas, barb, karen,
meredith, sarah, annette again, elena, kaethel, xanabee, yvonne, kathy, annie, saskia, missy, shadow, tracey (shadow of a doubt), irene, james, ja-10, kaylle, trenna, laurach, jill, christina, chiara, el again, kae again, pam, wendy again, and ray.

did i miss anyone? and how do the double ones count?

and what's this about me being an unreliable source, huh? :p well, at least i'm not a hooker, a thug, an evil pimp, or anything like that.

anyway, some of the cameos were a streach, so i'm not sure if they really count. still, if i count everything, including all the doubles, i get 43 (unless you want to count "anna" as bananna, anna_b, another anna, and whover else i'm missing... wink ). oh, and i missed bumpkin, which brings it up to 46 (adding in two more annas).

i'd say all the cameos distracted me from the story, but, well... laugh

fun story, wendy.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.