Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Karen FDK - All in a Haze-El - 05/21/03 04:36 PM
LOL! I laughed so loud a few times, it's a wonder my husband didn't come into the computer room to see what I was laughing at!

I found 36 cameos: Hazel (both in the title and the rabbit?), Merry, HatMan, LabRat, Tank, Wendy, Anna, Loriel, Alicia, Jose, Maria, Rivka, Tarkas, Barb, Me laugh , Meredith, Sarah, Annette, Elena, Kaethel, Xanabee, Missy, Yvonne, Kathy, Annie, Saskia, Irene, James, Jiten, Kaylle, Trenna, Laurach, Jill, Cristina, Chiara, and Pam. The butterfly threw me off, though.

A few lines I just had to point out:

“Needs a haircut, though. I’ve always thought women look much more attractive with short hair.” Tank shrugged. “For some reason, not many of them agree with me. There’s this Wendy - we used to be together - she refused to cut her hair short. Even when I offered to do it for her.”
No cut for you? hehe

“Oh, Karen showed me how to get around that long ago,” Lois said with a shrug.
I'm a hacker! clap
Posted By: YellowDartVader Re: FDK - All in a Haze-El - 05/21/03 04:57 PM
Ok, this was really fun. My dad just walked by and asked me what I was doing writing down names on a piece of paper in front of the computer and laughing blush .

I saw Merry, HatMan, Tank, Wendy, Jose, Maria, Anna, Loriel, me smile , Tarkas, Barb, Rivka, Karen, Meredith, Sarah, Annette, Elena, Kaethel, Xanabee, Missy, Yvonne, Kathy, Annie, Saskia, Irene, James, Jiten, Kaylle, Trenna, Laurach, Jill, Cristina, Chiara, and Pam. I also saw a rat probably for LabRat, a rabbit which might have been Hazel and someone called Clark a bumpkin. So I guess I saw 37 smile .

“Needs a haircut, though. I’ve always thought women look much more attractive with short hair.” Tank shrugged. “For some reason, not many of them agree with me. There’s this Wendy - we used to be together - she refused to cut her hair short. Even when I offered to do it for her.”
LOL! laugh

“Oh, Hatman’s not a user. He’s just... well, he seems to sleep a lot. And he has these weird dreams. Last time, he told me he’d seen hyenas running loose outside Chiara’s Diner.”

“Not half as weird as what I saw earlier, when I was wide awake!” Lois retorted. “You have a lot of explaining to do, Kent!”
This had me ROTFLMAO! rotflol

Such a cute story - and yay I got to make a cameo... even if I was a street name :p . It's definately better than being a pimp wink . I am definately glad that I'm not Kaethel smile .

- Alicia
Posted By: HatMan Re: FDK - All in a Haze-El - 05/21/03 05:11 PM
oh... i'd missed the bumpkin. still wondering if this sub-editor that was mentioned was supposed to be someone. let's see.. i saw in order:

merry, hatman, rat, tank, jose, wendy, anna, annette (anna's place), alica, loriel, hazel,(rabbit... which i'd have missed if not for irc spoilers), maria, rivka, tarkas, barb, karen,
meredith, sarah, annette again, elena, kaethel, xanabee, yvonne, kathy, annie, saskia, missy, shadow, tracey (shadow of a doubt), irene, james, ja-10, kaylle, trenna, laurach, jill, christina, chiara, el again, kae again, pam, wendy again, and ray.

did i miss anyone? and how do the double ones count?

and what's this about me being an unreliable source, huh? :p well, at least i'm not a hooker, a thug, an evil pimp, or anything like that.

anyway, some of the cameos were a streach, so i'm not sure if they really count. still, if i count everything, including all the doubles, i get 43 (unless you want to count "anna" as bananna, anna_b, another anna, and whover else i'm missing... wink ). oh, and i missed bumpkin, which brings it up to 46 (adding in two more annas).

i'd say all the cameos distracted me from the story, but, well... laugh

fun story, wendy.

Paul
Posted By: IreneD Re: FDK - All in a Haze-El - 05/21/03 05:36 PM
I didn't bother counting; I was laughing too hard.

Thank you for making me a restauranteur instead of a working girl! laugh The irony is that I probably make the world's worst meatloaf (even though I did offer to make it for Clark in some previous correspondence.)

Very funny, witty and hilarious. And yes, the cameos did distract quite a bit.

Irene
Posted By: RL Re: FDK - All in a Haze-El - 05/21/03 05:41 PM
Do I count, even though my displayed name is a pronoun rather than a name?

If so, I think you inadvertantly (or maybe not) included "me." smile1
Posted By: DocJill Re: FDK - All in a Haze-El - 05/21/03 05:42 PM
Wendy!!! That was hilarious, and wow, I'm impressed at how many of us you worked in there. goofy

[EDIT]: P.S. Karen and I figured out 2 more that we both missed - Ray and Sunshine. wave
Posted By: rivka Re: FDK - All in a Haze-El - 05/21/03 07:20 PM
razz ...but that's far better than a part of the, ah, crowd... and at least it seems that I was an accurate snitch, at least! laugh

But Wendy, don't look here for refuge. And you are going to need a place to hide! laugh
Posted By: AnnieM Re: FDK - All in a Haze-El - 05/21/03 07:24 PM
If I wasn't laughing so hard, I'd murder you. Not only am I a hooker, I'm also an alcoholic. <G>

I was laughing too hard to count, but there were tons and I think I caught almost all of them. I don't know how you managed to get us all in there. Amazing. And I have to admit that I was cracking up. Though I am reserving my right to be second in line (after only Kaethel) in the angry mob that's out to lynch you. <G>

Annie
Posted By: stopquitdont Re: FDK - All in a Haze-El - 05/21/03 08:06 PM
This was cute, Wendy! Should have known you could pull off the haircut obsession of Tank's, the revelation, and tons of cameos all in one story. Here's a mini challenge in itself--add my screen name so that it actually works! Heck, I have trouble saying it! laugh But great story. Everything made sense, even if the main goal was to include everyone. Looking for more!
Posted By: Melisma Re: FDK - All in a Haze-El - 05/21/03 08:18 PM
Laughed my head off, although I haven't tried to count all the cameos yet.

Melisma (going back to read it again, here under her Rock - wondering if she's a snitch, a working girl, or what...)
Posted By: rivka Re: FDK - All in a Haze-El - 05/21/03 08:23 PM
Ok, SQD, can anyone take up your challenge? wink

Because every time I see your nick, I flash on the following image.

Girl says to her little brother who is tickling her, "Stop! Quit! DON'T!" When he doesn't listen, she swats him. goofy
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK - All in a Haze-El - 05/21/03 10:38 PM
Crack. Me. Up. And how you managed to fit 30+ people in, I'm just like, notworthy notworthy Great job.

Jen
Posted By: Hazel Re: FDK - All in a Haze-El - 05/21/03 11:02 PM
Wendy, you are a seriously disturbed woman. goofy

I admit that I found it a little over a top -- I didn't really read it as a story, but rather as a cameo count. This was a case of "Would you like some fic with your cameo?" rather than the other way round. goofy

BTW, Paul mentioned:
hazel,(rabbit... which i'd have missed if not for irc spoilers)
I have to admit that surprised me. I mean, you just have to look at my avatar. Or my location. Or even the occupation in my profile. laugh

Hazel, the lupine
Posted By: daneel Re: FDK - All in a Haze-El - 05/21/03 11:37 PM
smile1
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK - All in a Haze-El - 05/22/03 12:26 AM
Wendy

ROTFLMAO!! smile1

Tricia cool
Posted By: Saskia Re: FDK - All in a Haze-El - 05/22/03 01:55 AM
Wendy, this was hilarious. I really shouldn't have printed this out to read in class. I actually had to leave for a moment to continue reading and laughing. wink

I found a lot too: Merry, Paul (Hatman), LabRat, Jose, Tank, Wendy, Anna, Alicia, Loriel, Hazel (as the rabbit), Maria, Rivka, Phill (Tarkas), Barb, Karen, Meredith, Sarah, Annette, Elena, Kaethel, Ursie (Xanabee), Yvonne, Marnie (bumpkin), Kathy, Annie, me smile , Irene, James, Jiten, Kaylle, Trenna, Jill, Cristina, Laurach, Chiara and Pam. Which makes it 36. And then there were they cracks about heynas and the butterfly. rotflol

/me runs like the wind!
And you'd better! Add me to the line of lynching you. I mean...

Annie stuck her tongue out at Sarah. Then she announced, “Kaethel’s coming. I overhead Saskia tell him you guys were talking to a couple of strangers. He’s not a happy bunny!”

“Saskia should mind her own business,” Elena grumbled. “She just wants to be Kaethel’s favourite.”

“Oh, Saskia’s okay,” Annie protested. “I think Kaethel asked her why Missy wasn’t on her usual corner. Anyway, he’s on the warpath. I don’t know who these guys are, but they’d better get out of here if they know what’s good for them.”
Where did the little shy innocent girl go that once was me? I like her!

So nice story, you really should write more comedy.

Saskia
Posted By: Xanabee Re: FDK - All in a Haze-El - 05/22/03 03:29 AM
This is hilarious! laugh
Posted By: stopquitdont Re: FDK - All in a Haze-El - 05/22/03 04:52 AM
Rivka, that was too cute! rotflol
Posted By: Loriel Eris Re: FDK - All in a Haze-El - 05/22/03 06:50 AM
This was fantastic! rotflol

I started out just counting the cameos, then I lost count and had to go back and write down the names, so here goes

Hazel, Merry, Paul, LabRat, Jose, Tank, Wendy, Anna, Alicia, Me laugh , Maria, Rivka, Tarkas, Barb, Karen, Meredith, Sarah, Annette, Elena, Kaethel (this had me rotflol ) Xanabee, Missy, Yvonne, Kathy, Annie, Saskia, Irene, James, Jiten, Kaylle, Trenna, Laurach, Jill, Christina, Chiara and last but not least Pam.

So I make it 36. It was great seeing everyone in there! laugh

Loriel
Posted By: KathyB Re: FDK - All in a Haze-El - 05/22/03 10:28 AM
Oh, Wendy, this was hilarious!

I counted 36, too, and thought I had them all but now I see from the comments that I missed Marnie (bumpkin), Ray and Sunshine -- so clever!

/me gloats to all the hookers -- *I* get to work with Lois and Clark. ( dance while ducking and running <g>)

Oh, and btw, I started laughing at the very first line (Clark being "merry") but when Sarah said to Annie, "Hey, you're sober!" I almost fell off my chair. ROTFL!!! rotflol

This was great!

Kathy (who had to stop and think if there was a FoLC named tyre. <vbg>)
Posted By: rivka Re: FDK - All in a Haze-El - 05/22/03 10:34 AM
Originally posted by stopquitdont:
Rivka, that was too cute! rotflol
laugh Glad you enjoyed -- as I said, it's been in my head since I first saw your nick; I just never shared it.
Posted By: Kaethel Re: FDK - All in a Haze-El - 05/22/03 12:34 PM
rotflol )
Posted By: Elena Re: FDK - All in a Haze-El - 05/22/03 02:29 PM
Hilarious!!! rotflol rotflol rotflol

Let's see, I counted 40 cameos:

Merry, Hatman, Rat, Jose, Tank, Wendy, Anna, Alicia, Loriel, Hazel, Maria, Rivka, Tarkas, Barb, Karen, Meredith, Sarah, Annette, Elena, Kaethel rotflol , Xanabee, Missy, Yvonne, Bumpkin, Kathy, Annie, Saskia, Shadow, Irene, James, Jiten, Kaylle, Trenna, Laurach, Jill, Cristina, Chiara, Pam, Ray and Sunshine.

Elena smile
Posted By: merry Re: FDK - All in a Haze-El - 05/22/03 02:52 PM
Wendy
very well done and very funny
I didn't bother to count - I think cameos do distract
I thoroughly enjoyed this
merry
Posted By: Bethy Re: FDK - All in a Haze-El - 05/22/03 05:39 PM
Wendy,

ROTFL!!!!!!! This was hilarious! I wondered why you were saying *especially* Kaethel...and then I found out. I think that definitely qualifies as Evil!

Just so you know, I found 36, but then read others' comments and realized I missed some.

Bethy (who likes cameos in small doses, or in highly exaggerated bits of hilarity like this)
Posted By: Mister Data Re: FDK - All in a Haze-El - 05/23/03 10:46 AM
Hmmm...pimp's assistant...nahhh...

James
Posted By: Cristina Re: FDK - All in a Haze-El - 05/24/03 02:31 AM
This was great!!! rotflol

That's one job I'd never actually considered, though laugh But I can't complain. Some Folcs came off worse than I did. I mean, Maria was married to Jose... Poor woman! :p (me runs)

Cris
Posted By: Wendymr Re: FDK - All in a Haze-El - 05/25/03 09:07 AM
I had a reply to this folder all typed, and then IE decided to crash on me. frown I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind comments on this little piece of nonsense, and apologise to everyone portrayed in a less than flattering light. smile1
Posted By: daneel Re: FDK - All in a Haze-El - 06/05/03 03:02 AM
I mean, Maria was married to Jose... Poor woman!
Certainly I was lucky... smile1

It could have been worse if she paired me with you Cris!

Jose hyper
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards