Hi again, Corrina!
Let’s see about that FDK smile1

Accused
I have no idea what to think of that title. So many possibilities.

She’d been gone for less than a week, but it felt as if all his enthusiasm for living had gone with her.
She’s cruising the Bermudas?

But without Lois, something vital was missing.

Like apple pie - with no apple.

A skiing vacation - with no snow.

A song - with no melody.
clap

Did that mean she was in Metropolis now? Could he call her? Could he? Just to say ‘hi’?
He’s adorable!

Last Wednesday, she'd left abruptly after receiving a phone call, bombarding him with instructions for their current stories as she'd quickly cleared her desk.
Huh.

Tomorrow. Seven o'clock - just over nine hours away. When he arrived at the Planet, she would be there. Or about to arrive.
clap

And he didn’t want Mayson to think there was a possibility of anything beyond friendship with him.
Isn’t he tad late for that?

Then, because he'd felt guilty, he’d tried to be extra nice to Mayson as they'd spent the evening together.
Like that’s not going to backfire. But he could tell Lois that he only courted Mayson because he felt guilty for preferring Lois.

Which meant her goodnight kiss had lingered – and he’d gotten the sense that if he'd pushed for more, she would have eagerly complied.
Oh dear. She *is* rather speedy.

Her disappointment had been palpable as she had snatched up her bag and left rather abruptly.
I’ll say. All that shaving her legs had been for nothing.

As Clark had eaten breakfast with Mayson, he'd tried.
sad

"You're home late," his neighbour commented. "Did you go out for a meal?"
Oh boy.

"Are you expecting company?"

"Nothing planned."

Mrs McCreadie smiled and patted his arm. "Perhaps you'll get a nice little surprise then."
Oh boy. Oh boy. And considering, his dear neighbor probably is not too sure about his monogamist ways.

As he reached the bottom of the stairs, a sound came from his bedroom. A footstep. Clark snapped around, his heart plummeting. Mayson was here? Waiting for him? In his *bedroom*?
Oh boy. /flashes back to own story where Mayson was in Clark’s apartment and how that turned out/ At least, Lois is not yet in town, or is she?

"Lana?" Clark gasped. "What are you doing here?"
jawdrop

She stepped up to him, wearing his black leather jacket. "Clark," she said. "Is that any way to greet your best friend?"
That’s odd.

Lana swept him into an embrace that seemed overdone for someone he hadn’t seen in almost two years.
More than odd.

"I gave up waiting for you to return to Smallville, Clark,"
confused

Actually, Clark hadn't missed her at all - because Lois had been there - but now didn't seem the appropriate moment to disclose that information.
Eeeehhhh…

She released his arms, spread his jacket wide, and twirled around, causing her dress to balloon out from her body. "I got this little number in a divine store in Milan. Do you like it? It's Prada."
Oh boy.

"Yes. Blondes are so ... vapid."
It’s not the hair color, Lana.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.