Interesting celebrations they have on Krypton. Here let's beat each other to a pulp and then all come together to eat and party. thumbsup

This time, the kiss was not gentle. It was deep and full of passion, and promises of more to come when they were finally alone. The sound of a throat being cleared forced Kal and Lois to break their kiss.
Kal! Not in front of the tabloids!

"Bro! That was amazing!" Jai crowed. He pulled Kal into a back-slapping hug.
Ooooh. Jai liked the kiss.

"The way that you took out Nor. It was a thing of absolute beauty!" His eyes sparkled with excitement. "You have got to start practicing with me more often. I thought for sure that Nor had you beaten like ten times in that fight. But man! You pulled it off!"
Oh, right, the fight... er... battle. blush /good job channeling Jimmy's voice here/

"Jai's right," Ching said, grinning from ear to ear. Unlike Jai, who looked unable to stand still, Ching was composed. "You certainly pulled it off. But you're rusty, little brother. You could do with some practice." He winked at Kal.
Why do I think Ching's talking about the kiss and not the fight here? [Linked Image]

Kal snorted good-humoredly. "I stayed in a lot longer than either of you did. I'd say that makes me better than you guys."
Kal! You don't brag about your staying power with your wife right there! Oh, you meant the battle again, didn't you? Never mind.

Ching snorted in return. "Just luckier."

Kal chuckled. "I had to fight Nor. How was that lucky?"
They could have let Lois on the field with drei.

"I have always wished to see the day when one of my sons would win the duel, as I did in the past. Tonight, we shall feast in your honor."

"Dad...I...you don't have to do that."

"Of course I do. My son was victorious in a battle against a very worthy opponent. This calls for a celebration."

"I'd really rather just get some rest," Kal protested, shifting his weight uncomfortably.

"There will be time enough for rest before the feast. Dr. K'line says that you are more than fit for a celebration tonight. Besides, you know that it's tradition for the winning house to host a feast."
Okay, I was wrong. Jor-El isn't Perry. He's a pre-clone-wedding Ellen.

"Better than before," Kal admitted. "The pain pill is starting to kick in. Nor just caught me off-guard, that's all. I'll be fine soon enough."
Tell me, Kal, how do you plan on getting sympathy love from Lois with all this modesty?

All Kal really wanted at the moment was some time alone with Lois, and possibly a nap.
Well, pick one! You aren't going to get both at the same time.

"Make sure that Dad keeps this feast as low key as possible. Please?"

"I'll do what I can, but you know how Dad is when he gets an idea into his head."
See, Ellen.

None of the Lyne's had been present at the tournament at any point during the week. Three extra chairs had sat empty in the royal viewing box each day. And each day, Kal had seen disappointment flood Lois' features, though she had admitted that she wasn't surprised in the least. Samm almost never took off from his work, and he had always felt it inappropriate to have the women in his life view the sport.
Really? She expected them to come, when he never let her even read about drei fighting before?

At first, she hadn't wanted to see them. She'd been too furious with her father for the arranged marriage.
See, that was Kal's problem. He should have invited Samm to visit at the palace in those first 3 months, so Lois could [Linked Image] work out her issues with her father, instead of with Kal.

Kal knew that she was beginning to miss her family terribly. He only hoped that they would show up to the feast.
Um... Kal, the Lynes don't venture out after dark. You know, especailly when there's a full moon... [Linked Image] (that's the closest to a werewolf, I could find.)

"Okay, I have to ask," Lois cut in. "What exactly is against the rules? Because it seems to me like the fighters can get away with just about anything."
Thank you, Lois, for asking. I was wondering that myself.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.