Lois Lane had been resurrected such a short time ago, and she was much too alive now for me to hold still.

Slinging on a jacket, I made certain to lock the door carefully behind me. With any luck, Clark would sleep deeply and never know I had briefly left.
Oh boy.

With even better luck, I'd be able to find Superman.
Oh *boy*

"Superman?"

"Good evening, Lois."
Oh *BOY*!

"Why don't I give you a lift?"
Oh boy. Oh boy.

Superman's chuckle rumbled through his chest, making his amusement a sensation I felt as well as heard. "I'm rather fond of it myself."
He does sound a lot like the genuine article.

"I enjoy the small pleasures as well the large, Lois." His voice caressed me; his eyes enflamed me.
Maybe he is a tad tipsy.

"I should have known. Clark said you were probably just like us, that without the flying you could be an ordinary person."

"No." Superman drew me a little closer to himself, his skin radiating a warmth almost enough to counteract the January chill around us. "I am different. But there are some things that are the same."
And self-important, seasoned with a healthy sex-drive.

"Yes." Superman met my questioning eyes, his expression grave. "Trust me, Lois: had I known there was a fire there, I would certainly have protected those men."
I had this really weird thought. What if Lex traded bodies?

He arched a brow in an almost sardonic expression. "Henderson said Clark sounded like he thought I left them there on purpose."
Uh-oh.

"He and I are already working on proving that Lex is behind all this."

"Luthor?" Superman shifted me in his arms so he could peer into my face.

"Didn't you see him at the warehouse?"

"No. Is he the one responsible for hurting you?"
Is it possible Cloneman doesn't know? Or maybe, more to the point, Lex sent him there to rescue them, telling Cloneman about how he found out where Lois and Clark where being kept? Hmm... yes. That might be it. Plus, Lex also added a bit of Lois's DNA to the mix. Thus he ensured, a) lot's of Superman-love and b) lot's of trust in whatever nonsense Lex might spew forth. Plus, Cloneman would have not the slightest idea that Clark's been Superman. One might even go so far as to say, Superman vanished during Nightfall and when Lex woke up Cloneman, he simply told him that Cloneman is Superman, just with amnesia after getting rid of Nightfall. Yes, that could work perfectly. Especially, if Lex thinks he's getting rid of Clark's wings forever. Only question remains, is, why did he free them? Maybe so Clark could get to the information he wouldn't have divulged earlier? Oh boy, this *is* insanely convoluted.

"Yes. Clark will hardly let us turn it off. He likes to be able to see you. I don't think he quite believes any of this is real yet."
Wonder if Cloneman is able to put two and two together.

I couldn't begin to understand why he had singled me out among all the reporters swarming around the Messenger launch, or why he held me so much more tenderly during a rescue than he did anyone else, but I was extremely grateful for it.
I concur with DC, Lois did put in an effort to get noticed during the launch.
/whispers: little observed detail: the first shuttle was named Messenger. The second one wasn't named/

I have the might, which means I have the right to do what I can to help people."
He's definitely been talking with Lex. But he's also much more stable than the original clone.

A giggle escaped me--well, *not* a giggle! I did *not* giggle. It was more of a...a strained chuckle.
clap

It had been a well-known fact among the Planet's grapevine that Clark had a crush on me;
Now, there's a thought.

Besides, he felt so good and so safe, as if nothing could hurt me while he was protecting me. So I muted my inner argument, and I pressed closer to Clark, and I relaxed when he tightened his own arms around me, and I slept.
But what's Superman going to think when he sees them like that?

If I dreamed again, they vanished into obscurity.
Awwww...

You definitely have a knack for that clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.