I had my heart in my throat during the entire flight with Superman. I kept expecting something terrible to happen. What I *didn't* expect was Superman's comment to the effect that Lois couldn't comprehend how much Clark had suffered. He sounded genuinely concerned. (Of course, this was from Lois's POV, but usually we are able to see clearly when she is being misled, yet in this case it did seem even to me that Superman was saddened by Clark's suffering. Which, frankly, confused me. confused )

I also wondered at his use of the term "innocent" to describe Clark.

He seemed surprised to learn that Lex was the person who caused Lois harm. Will this knowledge be the impetus for him to easedrop on Lex's conversations (as he did in "Vatman") and eventually change his loyalties from Lex to Clark?

Interesting twist on "might makes right".

The ending was thumbsup

Looking forward to reading more! (Can I add that I'm also exceedingly curious now to read Chapter 16? laugh )

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster