Missing Lois - TOC

A large taste of Part 2:
“Uh-huh.” Mayson obviously did not accept this answer. She picked up her juice. “As I said, Lucy El does not exist. She did not attend Kansas State during the years that you were there, nor the five years afterwards. She has a funky accent that fluctuates between Texan to Southern to sometimes even Memphis to Metropolitan.”

He smiled. Lois warned him that Mayson was a good investigator.

“I checked your résumé,” she continued. “You never worked at a paper where a large exposé of Lex Luthor was ever done nor have you ever shared a byline with a Lucy El. Before starting at the Daily Planet you had done mostly freelance work for various different newspapers around the world. Nothing really investigatory in nature, either. Nor had any of the previous editors you worked for ever heard the name Lucy El. I even contacted your former fiancée…”

Clark closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

“… Lana Lang and she does not remember ever meeting anyone by the name of Lucy El or ever heard of you speak about such a person. She did share an interesting tidbit about Lois Lane though. It seems that the vixen reporter – her words, not mine – showed up at The Planet one afternoon, walked straight up to you and kissed you, as if you were more than old friends. You told her at the time you had no idea who she was.” She paused and took a sip of her juice. “So, Clark, are you still going to continue with this charade? Who is that woman?”
Hold on, folks, Part 2 is where the rocket ride takes off...

Many thanks to my wonderful Beta Readers Lynn and Iolanthe. This Part would have not been anywhere near as good without you. I applaud you both. clap

I'm also reprinting my notes from this Chapter in case you missed them.

Author’s Note: I have altered the timeline of the show twice in this chapter. First, by extending the length of Lois’s murder trial (to months instead of days) and secondly, by moving Tempus’s John Doe Presidential election bid to its correct spot between the “Ghosts” and “Stop the Presses” (i.e. November 1996). I hope this doesn’t lead to too much confusion.

Story Notes: Just a reminder, Lois and Alt. Clark have told Alt. Sam Lane that she is really a Lois Lane from another dimension. She calls her Clark, Kal, to lessen the Clark-confusion, except in her letters to her Clark, where she calls him Clark and Alt. Clark, Kal. Everyone else in the alternate dimension (with the exception of Moonbeam / Star) thinks she is Lucy El (wife of Kal El), an old college friend of Alt. Clark's.

Hope you enjoyed this part. Chapter 3 is one of my favorite chapters, because so much happens. Enjoy.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/04/14 02:49 AM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.