Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A large taste of Part 2:
“Uh-huh.” Mayson obviously did not accept this answer. She picked up her juice. “As I said, Lucy El does not exist. She did not attend Kansas State during the years that you were there, nor the five years afterwards. She has a funky accent that fluctuates between Texan to Southern to sometimes even Memphis to Metropolitan.”

He smiled. Lois warned him that Mayson was a good investigator.

“I checked your résumé,” she continued. “You never worked at a paper where a large exposé of Lex Luthor was ever done nor have you ever shared a byline with a Lucy El. Before starting at the Daily Planet you had done mostly freelance work for various different newspapers around the world. Nothing really investigatory in nature, either. Nor had any of the previous editors you worked for ever heard the name Lucy El. I even contacted your former fiancée…”

Clark closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

“… Lana Lang and she does not remember ever meeting anyone by the name of Lucy El or ever heard of you speak about such a person. She did share an interesting tidbit about Lois Lane though. It seems that the vixen reporter – her words, not mine – showed up at The Planet one afternoon, walked straight up to you and kissed you, as if you were more than old friends. You told her at the time you had no idea who she was.” She paused and took a sip of her juice. “So, Clark, are you still going to continue with this charade? Who is that woman?”
Hold on, folks, Part 2 is where the rocket ride takes off...

Many thanks to my wonderful Beta Readers Lynn and Iolanthe. This Part would have not been anywhere near as good without you. I applaud you both. clap

I'm also reprinting my notes from this Chapter in case you missed them.

Author’s Note: I have altered the timeline of the show twice in this chapter. First, by extending the length of Lois’s murder trial (to months instead of days) and secondly, by moving Tempus’s John Doe Presidential election bid to its correct spot between the “Ghosts” and “Stop the Presses” (i.e. November 1996). I hope this doesn’t lead to too much confusion.

Story Notes: Just a reminder, Lois and Alt. Clark have told Alt. Sam Lane that she is really a Lois Lane from another dimension. She calls her Clark, Kal, to lessen the Clark-confusion, except in her letters to her Clark, where she calls him Clark and Alt. Clark, Kal. Everyone else in the alternate dimension (with the exception of Moonbeam / Star) thinks she is Lucy El (wife of Kal El), an old college friend of Alt. Clark's.

Hope you enjoyed this part. Chapter 3 is one of my favorite chapters, because so much happens. Enjoy.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/04/14 02:49 AM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Seems that Mayson has shown her true colors - she's using her position to check up on her supposed boyfriend and HIS friends? shock

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I don't blame Mason. I would be suspicious too. Clearly though Mason is not the girl for Clark. I was a little confused about this worlds Lois being married to Lex? I think I need to go and read back to find out when Lois found that out. I don't remember it at all, so I must have missed it. This is a very intricate and complex beast of a fic, I am looking forward to how you are going to untangle the whole thing. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Laura, at the beginning of Chapter 2,Part 8:

“Apparently, Lex Junior is obsessed with their stepmother and used the device on her. For some reason, when Superman showed up, the whole thing went haywire and stopped working properly. Jaxon said that the last image that Junior saw on the monitors before the circuits were overloaded was Superman’s face.”

Lois’s jaw dropped and her hand covered her mouth.
Hope that helps, clarify things.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks, I missed it! It does. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Virginia: Thanks for explaining that last.

A suggestion: this is a very large and complex story. Since you have it divided into these large multi-part chapters, I know I would find it helpful if you could do a little precis of story "As the story stands..."

Let's see. Canon Clark had to go off to New Krypton. He didn't know that Canon Lois was pregnant. HG Wells comes and tells Lois about the curse. He takes Lois over to the alt-world where she meets alt-Clark and her alternate father.

Meanwhile, Canon-Lois-of-the-past (the Lois who got amnesia after the wedding that was disrupted by the clone) is moved forward in time. This is non-pregnant canon Lois who is now undergoing the events of Season Four (I think.)

Canon-Pregnant-Lois-of-the-present is hanging around in the alt-world. She's going under the name of Lucy El.

Alt-Clark likes her but knows he can never have her. Alt-Clark has a thing going with Mayson Drake.

Jaxon Luthor works at the Daily Planet as a researcher. He is aware that "Lucy El" is really Lois Lane (but I'm not sure how he knows this.) He has a brother, Lex Luthor Junior. Junior and Jaxon compete for Daddy Lex's attention.

Daddy Lex is offstage somewhere - we haven't seen him yet in this fic?

And it's implied that alt-Lois is married to Daddy Lex.

Is that a viable summary?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well done, Iolanthe -

Let me clarify a few details...

Let's see. Canon Clark had to go off to New Krypton. He didn't know that Canon Lois was pregnant. HG Wells comes and tells Lois about the curse. He takes Lois over to the alt-world where she meets alt-Clark and her alternate father.
True. Of course, canon-Clark doesn't know she's pregnant; they made love for the first time the night before he left. She didn't know until 5 weeks later. She shares Alt-Lois's apartment with Sam Lane, Alt-Lois's father, who is a recovering alcoholic and her doctor for the pregnancy. He has come to know her true identity as the Lois of the canon dimension.

Meanwhile, Canon-Lois-of-the-past (the Lois who got amnesia after the wedding that was disrupted by the clone) is moved forward in time. This is non-pregnant canon Lois who is now undergoing the events of Season Four (I think.)
Actually, the substitute Lois (the one we see in S4) is actually 'rescued' by alt-Clark from the moment between when the car hits her and before she bumps her head on the lamp-post... so fraction of a second before she become Wanda Detroit Lois. She needs all her memories to function as Lois Lane. Well, except for those missing three months... which canon Lois told her about in a 'journal.'

Canon-Pregnant-Lois-of-the-present is hanging around in the alt-world. She's going under the name of Lucy El.
She is also working as Alt-Clark's assistant researcher; Ralph is the current Editor of the DP. Lucy El is a secret identity, wife of Kal El, who doesn't wear make-up, does wear baggy clothes, clogs, and is a vegetarian. Mayor Perry knows she's pregnant and James (Olsen) owner of the DP, knows she's married. (but not vice-versa.)

Canon-&-Pregnant Lois knows what's going on in her dimension, because she lives her substitute (younger) self's memories in her nightly dreams.

Alt-Clark likes her but knows he can never have her. Alt-Clark has a thing going with Mayson Drake.
True... for the moment. wink

Jaxon Luthor works at the Daily Planet as a researcher. He is aware that "Lucy El" is really Lois Lane (but I'm not sure how he knows this.)
True, except he doesn't know that Lucy is Lois. He's confusing her with someone else...

He has a brother, Lex Luthor Junior. Junior and Jaxon compete for Daddy Lex's attention.

Daddy Lex is offstage somewhere - we haven't seen him yet in this fic?

And it's implied that alt-Lois is married to Daddy Lex.
True.

If you aren't completely baffled (and even if you are), read on to Chapter 3, Part 2... it's definately worth it. laugh Hint: Alt-Clark learns to let go a little...

VirginiaR.
---
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Lois has figured out Mayson:

So when she returns, Mayson will not like it one bit. She’s just like Lana in that regard. Secondly, even though she and everyone else here knows that Kal is SM, there’s still something about SM that she doesn’t like. Personally, I don’t understand her aversion.
Sounds like Mayson's relationship with Clark is going downhill.

Poor Lois - no sign of HG Wells and a murder trial.

Joan

Top Banana
Top Banana
I wish we had more news on Lex Luthor; the more we learn about him, the more I’m convinced that he has Kal’s Lois Lane.
Ah-ha! I hadn't put this nugget together before now... is this the first place this is implied?

Why did he keep dreaming of the old Kent house?
Why indeed? I feel like this is a hint about something, but I'm not sure what...

Pain de chocolat
Pain AU chocolat, but minor point... laugh

“Mayson’s car is outside.”
Every time her car is mentioned I am so afraid it's about to be blown to bits... rotflol

Hmmm... wondering(and hoping) that his Mayson business is over with soon (though I hope she doesn't get blown up in a car, really--maybe she can hook up with... Scardino?)

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mozartmaid

Originally posted by mozartmaid:
[QB]
I wish we had more news on Lex Luthor; the more we learn about him, the more I’m convinced that he has Kal’s Lois Lane.
Ah-ha! I hadn't put this nugget together before now... is this the first place this is implied?
Please see my note to Laura above. I did mention that my Betas say I'm too subtle sometimes too. This is one of those times. Sorry for the confusion. I'll have to make it more pronounced in Archive version.

Thank you.

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Since it popped up. Story's subtle but easy to keep track off when read on a 1-2 parts/day schedule smile At least, that's how it's for me. /mutters about loving subtlety almost as much as irony.

Dr. Klein took the bent piece of metal, which Superman returned to him. “Ok, that was the strongest metal on Earth and you crushed it like a tin can. Impressive. We’ll have to find something harder.”
There's been a comic linked in the LnC section, or was it Off Topic? about Superman doing a sight test. The ophthalmologist used a block of wood, a block of steel, etc. And while reading, hmm...probably this very story... I couldn't help but imagine Superman looking through everything (but lead) and then the Doc hold up a piece of ladies' outerwear. Works better than lead laugh

“We’ve been working regularly together for two months, now, so I feel we can talk openly about this, right?”
Huh.

“One of the lab assistants noticed that you come here on a fairly regular basis and advised me that you’ve been dating lots of different women, is this true?”
She asked to get recommended?

“You are taking precautions. Using protection, then?”
Huh? What? Why? No! How would I be able to breed an alien army that way?

Superman’s eyes widened. “Against these women? Do I need to?”
razz

And sometimes, it is so frustrating and infuriating - having to wait for him to catch up to my hopscotch logic - that it makes me miss you even more.
Yeah, he's a tad slow...

Maybe, baby’s saying, Mama, the Kryptonian in me doesn’t want to see those pictures in your head of Daddy and you on your honeymoon.
clap

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Can you come over?”
hyper Bob (Bobbart) has a great story about a pregnant Lois. Actually, story and sequel, I think... Long ones.

“I cannot stand guard every night or she might try to kill us both.”
How about handcuffs on the headboard? Who knows, she might go for kinky...

The longer her stand-in Lois was in jail, the more likely it was that this Lois would stay here for her entire pregnancy.
Who knows. She might be able to plead the belly.

He hadn’t Mirandized that bank robber. He had done property damage when removing hostages from a bank vault. He had dangled a gangster off a building for information.
Citizen's arrest.
Really?
Well, that was a tad excessive. Only dangling when Clark is dead.

‘Clark Kent went out with another nobody. They danced. They ate. They talked.’
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Oooh. Yeah. It's easy to be subtle in 109 parts. laugh Irony? Please! Is that like sarcasim? wink

There's been a comic linked in the LnC section, or was it Off Topic? about Superman doing a sight test. The ophthalmologist used a block of wood, a block of steel, etc. And while reading, hmm...probably this very story... I couldn't help but imagine Superman looking through everything (but lead) and then the Doc hold up a piece of ladies' outerwear. Works better than lead
razz

Editor in Chief quote for the article: "I never knew she was pregnant until she dropped that baby right in the middle of the newsroom."
Well, Ralph was never much of a yodeler.

'moan', not 'groan'?
Conceeds point.

Oh dear. Can you imagine, telepathically aware Junior. LnC might have to go without it until Junior goes to college!
Lex Junior? wink

Could always turn Lex into a cloud of ionized gas.
There's a thought. But I think it goes against his thall shall not kill rule... Oh! You meant Lois. They'd have to meet up first.

Life partner not being happy about soulmate showing up? Gee, can't imagine why. Prissy little things, them.
Life partner or soul mate? Or both?

She's not going to like that. Ugh-uh.
Lois would have to find out that they were hiding the info from here first.

Deep-fried Lex?
Canon Lex - Dead. Alt-Lex - Missing.

Bob (Bobbart) has a great story about a pregnant Lois. Actually, story and sequel, I think... Long ones.
I'll have to look for it when I figure out how to read long stories on the Archive. Right now I have difficulty finding where I left off... frown

How about handcuffs on the headboard? Who knows, she might go for kinky...
1)Wrong Clark. 2)And if he's handcuffed to the bed, it doesn't stop her from floating or allow him to help.

Who knows. She might be able to plead the belly.
The prego hormones made me do it? Really? Is that like the PMS defense?

Hmm... actually...schmoozing the best friend (from the non-sexually interesting side of the genderpool) of your sexual desire has always been known to be a great strategy. Cat's actually trying to jump Lucy's bones!
Possibly. Lois might miss the clues. But actually Cat's dating someone downstairs.

What's with the dreaming. And how does Trask fit into all this Lex, Jr., and Jaxon mess?
Hmmmm. Good questions.

You thought he needed a hobby? And you forgot that you don't like her?
Yep. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Those are the necessary precautions against a pregnant Lois.
Have chocolate. Live longer.

Hee-hee, Dr. Klein made a funny.
blush I did take it literal blush

The OTHER guys have MORE than 3 women?
Well... Bruce does have sort of a reputation. And so does Paul LaCroix.

Nope. I did mention that even if he wasn't invulnerable he'd survive a horror movie.
blush blush

Ew.
wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard