Since it popped up. Story's subtle but easy to keep track off when read on a 1-2 parts/day schedule smile At least, that's how it's for me. /mutters about loving subtlety almost as much as irony.

Dr. Klein took the bent piece of metal, which Superman returned to him. “Ok, that was the strongest metal on Earth and you crushed it like a tin can. Impressive. We’ll have to find something harder.”
There's been a comic linked in the LnC section, or was it Off Topic? about Superman doing a sight test. The ophthalmologist used a block of wood, a block of steel, etc. And while reading, hmm...probably this very story... I couldn't help but imagine Superman looking through everything (but lead) and then the Doc hold up a piece of ladies' outerwear. Works better than lead laugh

“We’ve been working regularly together for two months, now, so I feel we can talk openly about this, right?”
Huh.

“One of the lab assistants noticed that you come here on a fairly regular basis and advised me that you’ve been dating lots of different women, is this true?”
She asked to get recommended?

“You are taking precautions. Using protection, then?”
Huh? What? Why? No! How would I be able to breed an alien army that way?

Superman’s eyes widened. “Against these women? Do I need to?”
razz

And sometimes, it is so frustrating and infuriating - having to wait for him to catch up to my hopscotch logic - that it makes me miss you even more.
Yeah, he's a tad slow...

Maybe, baby’s saying, Mama, the Kryptonian in me doesn’t want to see those pictures in your head of Daddy and you on your honeymoon.
clap

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.