Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 1: Part 4
Lois smiled. “Clark,” she murmured. He saved her. How wonderful it was to be in love with a superhero. Clark said he’d bring her home and here she was lying in her own bed. She stretched and felt the coolness of the sheets on her skin. That’s strange. What happened? Why was she lying in bed in her underwear? She smiled. That naughty Clark. She rolled over and felt the other side of her bed. No Clark. It was cold. He had not laid down next to her.

She sat up. That side of the bed was still made. Always the gentleman. Yet… She pulled her sheets up to her chest. Where was Clark? She couldn’t imagine he would leave her, like this, this of all days, unless… She sighed.

Sometimes, Lois wished Clark was just Clark. Wouldn’t fly off with only a moment’s notice, if that. She leaned back down and thought about having her man to herself uninterrupted for three days. To have all his attention on her. That would be nice. Hawaii. Maybe, they could still finish their honeymoon. After the week she had just experienced, she could use a couple of weeks in Hawaii, though she’d settle for three uninterrupted days.

With another sigh, she grabbed her robe from the end of the bed. As she headed to the bathroom for a well needed shower, she heard her tea kettle whistle.

“Clark! Clark,” she called, sprinting into the kitchen. Only he wasn’t there, his mother was. “Martha?”

“Good evening, sleepyhead. I was beginning to think I would need to call a doctor. Tea?”

Lois shook her head. “I was tired. I was afraid if I fell asleep in that chair Lex had me tied up in, who knows where I’d be when I woke up.” She sat down on one of her barstools.

Martha looked at her with a strange expression. “Lois,” she said, slowly, as she sat down in the chair next to her. “Lex died months ago.”
A funny story. When I went to post this section of Chapter 1, I found a section of the story had somehow changed every 'Clark' to 'I', which is especially funny if you read H.G. Wells stating how "Lois and I are soul mates..." and "I's mother..." I believe I caught all those typos, but if I missed another one, please let me know.

No soapboxes today. Enjoy and I'll post the last section of this Chapter sometime this weekend.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/03/14 09:11 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.