Martha offered to make scrambled eggs for Lois the next morning, but the thought of it seemed to make the woman’s anxious stomach rebel. She was cleaning up the dishes from Lois’s bananas and yogurt, when the phone rang.
So much for Martha's attempts at giving Lois a real meal instead of bananas and yogurt.

Thinking that Lois was still in the shower, Martha had picked up the extension in the kitchen. Only she had been a moment too late.
Oh dear.

“As she already knows, there isn’t much we can do at this point, short of traveling back in time.” He sounded resigned.
That's a dangerous statement from a time traveler.

She hoped this other Clark could handle Lois’s growing paranoia.
Hey, I'm sure they have better asylums over there than in Metropolis.

The woman looked around the room. “How does one hug an apartment, I wonder?”
Awwww

Martha watched as Lois walked around her apartment touching every little thing.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

“I’ve just thought of something, she will have no idea what these New Kryptonians look like.
They fly? And when you shoot at them, they won't go away?

. Somewhere, at some time in history, someone has cursed this love, so that one of them dies a horrific death after they first…” He cleared his throat.
Boink like energizer bunnies hooked to a car battery?

“Consummate their relationship?” Martha guessed.
Hmm... Not sure if this one works... wink

“Consummate. Yes, precisely the right word. Thank you.”
Yep. Doesn't work. Boink until Lois is pregnant is much more precise. wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.