Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 1: Part 4
Lois smiled. “Clark,” she murmured. He saved her. How wonderful it was to be in love with a superhero. Clark said he’d bring her home and here she was lying in her own bed. She stretched and felt the coolness of the sheets on her skin. That’s strange. What happened? Why was she lying in bed in her underwear? She smiled. That naughty Clark. She rolled over and felt the other side of her bed. No Clark. It was cold. He had not laid down next to her.

She sat up. That side of the bed was still made. Always the gentleman. Yet… She pulled her sheets up to her chest. Where was Clark? She couldn’t imagine he would leave her, like this, this of all days, unless… She sighed.

Sometimes, Lois wished Clark was just Clark. Wouldn’t fly off with only a moment’s notice, if that. She leaned back down and thought about having her man to herself uninterrupted for three days. To have all his attention on her. That would be nice. Hawaii. Maybe, they could still finish their honeymoon. After the week she had just experienced, she could use a couple of weeks in Hawaii, though she’d settle for three uninterrupted days.

With another sigh, she grabbed her robe from the end of the bed. As she headed to the bathroom for a well needed shower, she heard her tea kettle whistle.

“Clark! Clark,” she called, sprinting into the kitchen. Only he wasn’t there, his mother was. “Martha?”

“Good evening, sleepyhead. I was beginning to think I would need to call a doctor. Tea?”

Lois shook her head. “I was tired. I was afraid if I fell asleep in that chair Lex had me tied up in, who knows where I’d be when I woke up.” She sat down on one of her barstools.

Martha looked at her with a strange expression. “Lois,” she said, slowly, as she sat down in the chair next to her. “Lex died months ago.”
A funny story. When I went to post this section of Chapter 1, I found a section of the story had somehow changed every 'Clark' to 'I', which is especially funny if you read H.G. Wells stating how "Lois and I are soul mates..." and "I's mother..." I believe I caught all those typos, but if I missed another one, please let me know.

No soapboxes today. Enjoy and I'll post the last section of this Chapter sometime this weekend.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/03/14 09:11 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
The grand prize was the other Clark’s life – Superman, Lois, and a secret identity with a great job.
Excellent metaphor for Alt-Clark. thumbsup Surely he must feel like he got the short end of the stick.

“It will feel like a rescue to her, Clark, as it should. No one is in more need of a rescue than that Lois.”
Ain't that the truth! If only we could have been saved from the ARGH! in the show!

It will be interesting how everything plays out. Maybe I missed something, but how is Lois from the past going to deal with Clark being gone-- is that what Lois explained in the journal?

Ugh, anytime I write about time travel, my head spins-- so hat's off to you for making it work! I hope there is a Lois out there for Alt-Clark... if only he could have the Lois from the past-- but that wouldn't work, would it? As she'd eventually be the current Lois and then our Clark wouldn't have his Lois... oy, you see what I mean about time travel! :p

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how present-Lois deals with living with Alt-Clark and vice versa. Obviously Alt-Clark feels something for her-- and how can she not feel something for him? A lot to play with here...

Looking forward to more! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
An interesting idea about Lois sensing "future memories". I'm sure her paranoia will pay off and the New Kryptonians won't have been able to have eavesdropped on her.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good chapter. I can't wait to see how it all goes. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Poor Alt-Clark. This is going to be a very tricky situation for him. I'm interested to see how you're going to bring this all together.

Joan

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Finally caught up with this part and I see part 4 and Chapter 2 is up already.

This is getting really interesting and is must be tough for Alt-Clark.

Loved that Elvis is alive in the Alt-universe laugh

You've got me all curious about the newspaper and if it changed and whether this scheme of saving pregnant Lois will work.

/off to read part 4/

smile

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Martha offered to make scrambled eggs for Lois the next morning, but the thought of it seemed to make the woman’s anxious stomach rebel. She was cleaning up the dishes from Lois’s bananas and yogurt, when the phone rang.
So much for Martha's attempts at giving Lois a real meal instead of bananas and yogurt.

Thinking that Lois was still in the shower, Martha had picked up the extension in the kitchen. Only she had been a moment too late.
Oh dear.

“As she already knows, there isn’t much we can do at this point, short of traveling back in time.” He sounded resigned.
That's a dangerous statement from a time traveler.

She hoped this other Clark could handle Lois’s growing paranoia.
Hey, I'm sure they have better asylums over there than in Metropolis.

The woman looked around the room. “How does one hug an apartment, I wonder?”
Awwww

Martha watched as Lois walked around her apartment touching every little thing.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

“I’ve just thought of something, she will have no idea what these New Kryptonians look like.
They fly? And when you shoot at them, they won't go away?

. Somewhere, at some time in history, someone has cursed this love, so that one of them dies a horrific death after they first…” He cleared his throat.
Boink like energizer bunnies hooked to a car battery?

“Consummate their relationship?” Martha guessed.
Hmm... Not sure if this one works... wink

“Consummate. Yes, precisely the right word. Thank you.”
Yep. Doesn't work. Boink until Lois is pregnant is much more precise. wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Wow! Two posts in one day. Thank you. laugh

So much for Martha's attempts at giving Lois a real meal instead of bananas and yogurt.
You really can't convince a pregnant morning sick tummy to eat properly, just be grateful if it accepts anything.

“As she already knows, there isn’t much we can do at this point, short of traveling back in time.” He sounded resigned. That's a dangerous statement from a time traveler.
Even HG Wells knows that you shouldn't fix EVERYTHING with a time-machine. I needed a way for the substitute Lois to recognize Ching when he suddenly appeared in her apartment to suggest she become a concubine.

I don't know if I mentioned this, but ML is supposed to be a S5 (and S6, because I couldn't leave it at that cliffhanger). Everything that happens in canon happened in my story (except the mistake with the wedding date).

Boink like energizer bunnies hooked to a car battery?
Lois & Clark? Nah. rotflol

So, the NK are going to show up in a couple of days? But why didn't Clark arrive in time? After all, this whole thing couldn't have affected Nor's planning, could it? Unless he really did leave spies behind
When Lois decided to go to the other dimension causes the curse to allow Clark to return, therefore, allows Nor to send his spies to Earth... and everything that happened in canon can now happen. While cursed Lois is in her dimension, Clark cannot return to her (that's my interpretation of the curse).

Oh, why did he replace the circular one?
The circular staircase was in his living room, wasn't it? This one (loft) was put above his bedroom window, so in the same room as his bed, just above it. They never did show where that circular staircase led to, did they?

Oh dear! /remembers story where Lois got sent to Alt-Land and stayed there for quite a while. I think she might even have been married to our Clark at the time, married the other Clark, too, and in the end, she didn't know whose baby it was. And no, the story was *much* better than this recap
I've been told of that story, I think from one or two of my Betas. It must be a good story, if everyone keeps recommending it to me. If someone can remind what's it's called I'll go check it out.

So, he painted the wall with lead-paint?
There is no "wall" between their beds. And she forgot that this Clark might not be so honorable as her Clark about the use of his x-ray vision.

This is *Lois*. There are extenuating circumstances. You could actually get away with carrying her off to a deserted island until she is willing to make love to you and get away with it.
Except that she's not *his* Lois.

I thought they'd tell her anyway? Or would she immediately freak so much they couldn't tell her? But then, why move the suit to the other dimension? Unless they won't tell her until the end? Blame it on amnesia? But how does that work with Lois's letter?
No, they don't want the substitute / borrowed Lois to know the truth. It would just freak her out that she would have to return to the worst day in her life. The letter was for Clark, just in case his real Lois dies in childbirth (or before). The journal explaining what happened in the 3 months since alt-Clark borrowed her in time was so that borrowed-Lois knows what's going on. If they left the pink suit in canon dimension, there's always the possibility that substitute Lois will burn it, knowing it was from Luthor, and she needs to be wearing it when they return her to her correct point in time. Whew! Hope this time-travel stuff isn't too confusing.

This morally ambiguous Clark might be trouble.
Watching Lex get shot is his reward for saving Lois. laugh And he did spend only the first 10 years of his life with the Kents, so maybe he's not as perfect as canon Clark.

Did Herb just insinuate that Clark more likely decided not to save the crazy jumper instead of being just out of it from Green-K?
That was my initial impression of the scene. That he couldn't save Lex, because of what a horrible man he was and because he loved Lois too much. Later, I realized it was because he was probably drained of powers from his night in the K-Cage and couldn't fly.

I'm getting the eerie feeling that Lois won't return. But that can't be, can it?
I'm not allowed to tell you. That would be a spoiler, wouldn't it? laugh

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow! Two posts in one day. Thank you.
blush I had to catch up with FDK... wink

I needed a way for the substitute Lois to recognize Ching when he suddenly appeared in her apartment to suggest she become a concubine.
Ooooooh!

Lois & Clark?
You're right. Nunnery it is.

When Lois decided to go to the other dimension causes the curse to allow Clark to return, therefore, allows Nor to send his spies to Earth... and everything that happened in canon can now happen. While cursed Lois is in her dimension, Clark cannot return to her (that's my interpretation of the curse).
Great. *Now* I have a headache. Give me time-travel any day of the week, or next week? Last week? Huh...? But curses, or actually self-fulfilling prophetic curses with a strong recursive element... wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
bedroom
This site here is an awesome resource: http://www.redboots.net/tnaos/3d.htm
Aside from a great fist impression of the staircase, they've got some awesome 3d-views of the apartment.
Oooh. I wish I had this link when I was writing. Oh, well. Now, I have it for future stories. It would have saved alt-Clark all that hard work in putting up his extra loft. Maybe he didn't have a spiral staircase in alt-dimension. wink blush

Oh, BTW Michael, I'm very sarcastic. Is there a smilie Graemlin that let's you know when I'm being sarcastic? ( wink perhaps?) Or am I failing to recognize your sarcasim in return (i.e. nunnery joke?) laugh :rolleyes:

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It would have saved alt-Clark all that hard work in putting up his extra loft.
Hmm... Me thinks the dear author had more trouble typing it in than Alt-Clark had setting it up wink

Is there a smilie Graemlin that let's you know when I'm being sarcastic?
wink Works. Trouble is, with all the tongue-in-cheek I'm doing, I'd probably end up with 10-part FDKs due to the 15-graemlin/post limit. So, yeah, everything that's not obviously serious is likely in jest. wave Michael

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Reading through this I noticed this sentance

Martha raised an skeptical eyebrow
If skeptical is there, it should just be a. Sorry to be so picky, but typos get to me.

On the whole this is well written and fun to read.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Reading through this I noticed this sentance

Martha raised an skeptical eyebrow
If skeptical is there, it should just be a. Sorry to be so picky, but typos get to me.

On the whole this is well written and fun to read.
Thanks, John. Yes, this whole first part was posted unbeta'd so I apologize for the typos. The wonderful Lynn smile1

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard