Don't worry. I didn't take it as a criticism.
Glad to hear it. smile

But if you do find a place where that phrase was used in the show, please let me know. 'Cause I always found it interesting that the show seemed to leave that phrase out.
I found it in five scripts on the MB. IIRC, not all of the quotes made their way into the show; for example, I don't believe it had been in the final version of Strange Visitor. The MB script of SV has Lois saying, "If you said you were here to fight for truth or justice or the American way, something like that, that would be a quote."

"Brutal Youth" has the following exchange:

Dr. Klein: Superman will still be in his prime, fighting for truth, justice --

Lois: -- and The American Way

In "The People v. Lois Lane" Clemmons tells Superman (while playing to the audience), "After all, just like you, I stand for truth, justice, and the American way!"

In Stop the Presses, Lois tells Clark, "You know you're not the only one who fights for truth, justice and the American way."

Finally, in Toy Story, Lois tells the children, "So, when you're the most sad, or the most scared, remember that even Superman was sad and scared once, and if you just keep believing in yourself, and in Truth, Justice and the American Way,"

Joy,
Lynn