Like they said, what a teaser!!!! And you left us hanging!!!! wallbash

But hey, Clark, now - or in the next chapter - you'll have the chance. Tell her how different and alone you really are, and explain why you have thrown her out while you're at it!

"It's just that the whole Claude thing ... Lois, I *never* want to see you get that hurt again."
Claude was here? In this fic, too? wallbash

[Linked Image]

Not Kilroy! Claude! Gaaaahhh!!

"That was nothing," he said. "You should see what's coming out of Coober Pedy this year."

"Opal?"

"Crystal opal. Beautiful blues and greens like I've never seen before."
Corrina, do you realize how much this sounds like kryptonite???? eek

"Expensive?"

Seb gave a low whistle. "I'm having a two-day expo in September - culminating in an auction. I'm expecting the prices to skyrocket."
An auction? Who will be bidding? Trask? Luthor? Mayson?? Or... Dan Scardino? Clark himself wondered if anything was going on between Mayson and Dan. What would that mean for Clark? For Lois?

"Wonder how Deano is going?"

There were a few shrugs and grunts.

"Poor bloke," Gazza said.
The guys feel sorry for Dan Scardino, and they blame Lois for whatever has happened to him. Is Dan blaming her, too?

Michael said:

I didn't even notice the lack of L&C interaction. There's so much depth in this story.
Indeed, there is wonderful depth in this story. In this chapter you told us so much about Lois - Lois and Seb, Lois and Browny, Lois and the reporter blokes. And of course you told us a lot about clark, too. I loved this:

Clark sipped from his beer, not understanding all of the words, but understanding enough of the tone that he didn't think it was complimentary to Lois. "Lois isn't here," he said. "Perhaps we shouldn't be talking about her."
Yes!!! Go, Clark!

I loved this, too:

He wanted to use the powers he had been given.

And then, he wanted to come home.

To Lois.
Aaawwwwwwwwww....

I want him to come home to Lois too, Corrina! So I'm so much looking forward to the next chapter!

Ann