I worried that going through the ENTIRE letter was too much - and that in some ways it got repetitive
The funny thing about this is that, at the end of part 19, I wondered, "Is Lois going to read the whole letter to him in the story, or will FH just summarize it 'off screen' since we've already seen the contents?"

From an author's standpoint, I was trying to decide how I would do it -- on one hand, the letter was several chapters ago and you wouldn't want your readers to have to search for it to refresh their memories (which I would have done). Yet on the other, you don't want to repeat something that long in case it might bore your audience. But you found the perfect solution -- you had Lois read the letter out loud, while interjecting not just the occasional comment on Kal's part, but entire conversations between sections.

It's not a solution that is instantly apparent, so major kudos to you for seeing it and putting it into play. It's a very clever way of reminding your readers what was in the letter (which was necessary) while still keeping everything moving along and feeling fresh. Really well done. smile

Kathy