Ah, that was just lovely! laugh

I don't like villains when they are alive and it doesn't do much for me to watch them die, but I have to admit... the flushing of Lex's ashes down the toilet felt therapeutic for me, too! (Good thing this isn't the comics, though. In the comics, a mad scientist - Gretchen Kelly? - would have managed to make Lex's ashes combine with the sewage water of Metropolis until the sewage water became one huge manifestion of Lex!!!! Yeoouch!!!!)

although I didn't want a single thing from Lex, I knew that thousands, if not millions, of innocent people would be impacted if those companies were to go under. Thanks to a silent partnership with the enigmatic businessman standing next to me, Franklin Stern is the proud owner of all Lex's legitimate business holdings, as well as the recently restored Daily Planet. He's also now the second wealthiest man in the world.
I liked this! laugh

And I couldn't help giggling when I saw that Lois had had a haircut! I giggled even more when I read this:

Oh, and the haircut in the epilogue is dedicated to Tank – see what leaving feedback can do to a story?
clap

I was impressed with this:

Knowing how much Lex likes the play, _King Richard the III_ by William Shakespeare, it seemed apropos for the situation. Thanks and credit goes to the Bard himself (our boy Bill can write a villain like no other) and to Wikiquote for the following lines of dialog:

“Was ever woman in this humour woo'd? Was ever woman in this humour won? I'll have her; — but I will not keep her long.” (Richard III, Act I, Scene II)
“And thus I clothe my naked villainy/ With odd old ends stol'n out of holy writ,/ And seem a saint, when most I play the devil. (Richard III, Act I, Scene III)
“So wise so young, they say, do never live long.” (Richard III, Act III, Scene I)
Hey! A Shakespearian LnC fanfic!!!! clap clap clap

And the ending was adorable:

Clark must feel my eyes on him because he looks up from his work and our eyes lock. He flashes *that* grin at me, the one that always makes my knees wobble and my heart race. I smile back when I realize it wasn't just his friendship or his skill as a reporter that made me trust him.

It was his smile.
Aawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!! clap

Ann