Carol! This was absolutely wonderful! I've been following your story but too busy to say anything about it. Finally, I have 2 minutes!
A general warning, there is next to no A plot in the entire fic - it's almost purely B plot. They say write what you'd want to read, and I want to read Lois and Clark getting to know each other.
This makes me very happy! hyper

"So?" He kicked the door behind him. "I have no intention of marrying again and I'm going to carry my bride over the threshold on my wedding day."
Boy, Clark is giving Lois subtle hits!
He stopped her with a hand gently placed on her shoulder and spoke to her back. "Lois, I would never drop you. I promise. I'll never let you fall."

She paused for just a second. "I know." She looked around for a minute before continuing. "Aunt Louise really went all out. I didn't know she had it in her. She said a room at a nice hotel, not the honeymoon suite at the Lexor."
Clark means more than just a physical fall and Lois seems to catch on to that.
Two hours later, Clark was having the most wonderful dream. Lois was laying there with him and she was kissing him. Before long, he realized it wasn't a dream but that they were stretched out on the couch, the wonderful weight of his wife lying on top of him, her lips against his.

The kisses were soft and gentle and he returned them without hesitation at first. Could she really know what she was doing? Was this something she really wanted?
Boy how that subconscious gives us courage to do what our inhibitions won't allow us to.
She pulled her knees into her chest. "I know. I don't know what happened, Clark, but I'm not ready for that. I don't know that I will ever be."

He stood. "I know and it's okay."

"No, Clark, it's not fair to you."

"I know what I promised you when I asked you to marry me. And I still plan to keep that promise. If you ever change your mind, I'm here, but until then I'll still be here – I'll be your best friend and that's all until you're ready for more." He took a deep breath and stood. "Um, I'm going to go for a walk. I'll be back in a little bit." He turned, one hand on the door knob. He nodded towards the king sized bed visible through the door to the other room. "Go to bed. Get some sleep. I'll take the couch when I get back."

Lois shook her head. "It's a big bed. We're at a nice hotel, and even with the nice couch, there's no reason for you to sleep on it. I trust you, Clark. We've already discussed this and we need to get used to sleeping in the same bed."

Clark nodded. "I'll be back."
This man is so wonderful! He knows that she is struggling with this marriage thing. After all they are just teenagers. Bur Clark has assured her and shown her that he's in it forever and whatever she needs him to do, he will.
She was amazed that he had stopped at the first sign of any hesitation on her part. She knew he loved her and she couldn't imagine that at least part of him didn't want to make love to her. It was their wedding night after all. Maybe someday...
Yes, Lois. You've got it!

I'm glad that they are taking their times because they both need to be ready. When Lois comes to terms with her feelings for Clark, their first time will be magical. love
She felt him hesitate and then settle in behind, but not touching, her. Suddenly, she had the overwhelming urge to feel his arms around her. To feel safe.

"Do you mind if I hold you while we sleep?" He asked quietly.

Was he a mind reader? "No."

She was surprised to find that he wasn't wearing a shirt when he snuggled in next to her.

"Thank you."

"For what?" She couldn't figure out what he would be thanking her for.

"For letting me hold you tonight.
This is so sweet.
Under her hand was skin that was softer than she could have imagined and that belied the hard muscles beneath. Wow. She thought to herself that he must work out constantly to have abs like that.

Some primal urge encouraged her to run her hands over that six pack and those arms and possibly even...

She stopped the thought in its tracks.

Clark was a handsome man, there was no denying that, and they *had* gotten married the day before, but animal attraction was no reason for her to open herself up to the hurt so many of her friends had experienced.
If she was truly honest with herself, she knew that he wouldn't hurt her the way her friends had been hurt by men, no, by boys who supposedly loved them, but she wasn't going to take any chances. Her heart was simply too fragile to risk.
So, Lois isn't totally indifferent to Clark. She realizes that he is every woman's dream! The difference between Lois and her friends is that she and Clark are married and not just dong what teens do. But she has to learn that he is not going to leave her or hurt her. Poor baby.

Wonderful, wonderful story! Hurry back! This is absolutely fabulous!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.