Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sheila Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Carol! This was absolutely wonderful! I've been following your story but too busy to say anything about it. Finally, I have 2 minutes!
A general warning, there is next to no A plot in the entire fic - it's almost purely B plot. They say write what you'd want to read, and I want to read Lois and Clark getting to know each other.
This makes me very happy! hyper

"So?" He kicked the door behind him. "I have no intention of marrying again and I'm going to carry my bride over the threshold on my wedding day."
Boy, Clark is giving Lois subtle hits!
He stopped her with a hand gently placed on her shoulder and spoke to her back. "Lois, I would never drop you. I promise. I'll never let you fall."

She paused for just a second. "I know." She looked around for a minute before continuing. "Aunt Louise really went all out. I didn't know she had it in her. She said a room at a nice hotel, not the honeymoon suite at the Lexor."
Clark means more than just a physical fall and Lois seems to catch on to that.
Two hours later, Clark was having the most wonderful dream. Lois was laying there with him and she was kissing him. Before long, he realized it wasn't a dream but that they were stretched out on the couch, the wonderful weight of his wife lying on top of him, her lips against his.

The kisses were soft and gentle and he returned them without hesitation at first. Could she really know what she was doing? Was this something she really wanted?
Boy how that subconscious gives us courage to do what our inhibitions won't allow us to.
She pulled her knees into her chest. "I know. I don't know what happened, Clark, but I'm not ready for that. I don't know that I will ever be."

He stood. "I know and it's okay."

"No, Clark, it's not fair to you."

"I know what I promised you when I asked you to marry me. And I still plan to keep that promise. If you ever change your mind, I'm here, but until then I'll still be here – I'll be your best friend and that's all until you're ready for more." He took a deep breath and stood. "Um, I'm going to go for a walk. I'll be back in a little bit." He turned, one hand on the door knob. He nodded towards the king sized bed visible through the door to the other room. "Go to bed. Get some sleep. I'll take the couch when I get back."

Lois shook her head. "It's a big bed. We're at a nice hotel, and even with the nice couch, there's no reason for you to sleep on it. I trust you, Clark. We've already discussed this and we need to get used to sleeping in the same bed."

Clark nodded. "I'll be back."
This man is so wonderful! He knows that she is struggling with this marriage thing. After all they are just teenagers. Bur Clark has assured her and shown her that he's in it forever and whatever she needs him to do, he will.
She was amazed that he had stopped at the first sign of any hesitation on her part. She knew he loved her and she couldn't imagine that at least part of him didn't want to make love to her. It was their wedding night after all. Maybe someday...
Yes, Lois. You've got it!

I'm glad that they are taking their times because they both need to be ready. When Lois comes to terms with her feelings for Clark, their first time will be magical. love
She felt him hesitate and then settle in behind, but not touching, her. Suddenly, she had the overwhelming urge to feel his arms around her. To feel safe.

"Do you mind if I hold you while we sleep?" He asked quietly.

Was he a mind reader? "No."

She was surprised to find that he wasn't wearing a shirt when he snuggled in next to her.

"Thank you."

"For what?" She couldn't figure out what he would be thanking her for.

"For letting me hold you tonight.
This is so sweet.
Under her hand was skin that was softer than she could have imagined and that belied the hard muscles beneath. Wow. She thought to herself that he must work out constantly to have abs like that.

Some primal urge encouraged her to run her hands over that six pack and those arms and possibly even...

She stopped the thought in its tracks.

Clark was a handsome man, there was no denying that, and they *had* gotten married the day before, but animal attraction was no reason for her to open herself up to the hurt so many of her friends had experienced.
If she was truly honest with herself, she knew that he wouldn't hurt her the way her friends had been hurt by men, no, by boys who supposedly loved them, but she wasn't going to take any chances. Her heart was simply too fragile to risk.
So, Lois isn't totally indifferent to Clark. She realizes that he is every woman's dream! The difference between Lois and her friends is that she and Clark are married and not just dong what teens do. But she has to learn that he is not going to leave her or hurt her. Poor baby.

Wonderful, wonderful story! Hurry back! This is absolutely fabulous!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm rather tired and my eyesight is bothering me - it's really getting worse these days - so this will be short. This was a very sweet chapter. Yay for lots of B-plot and no A-plot!

"Clark, put me down." Lois swatted at his arm.

"Nope. I'm carrying my bride over the threshold!"

"Clark, it's not even a..." she made air quotes with her fingers. "...real wedding night."

"So?" He kicked the door behind him. "I have no intention of marrying again and I'm going to carry my bride over the threshold on my wedding day."
Ha, I love it!

I also love the sweet erotic tension between them, like in this passage:

Clark took a deep breath as Lois shut the door to the bedroom. He hadn't been prepared for this. He loved Lois. He had known for years that he would marry her – even though he had dated others casually in high school – but this wasn't exactly how he had pictured their wedding night. He'd guessed that Lois was soaking in the tub and it was hard to keep his eyes to himself, but he'd promised himself years ago he'd never peek at anyone – and now anyone included his wife. Sure, most men saw their wives sans clothes on their wedding night, but that was with permission and permission he didn't have. But he'd also thought that she'd be dressed when she came out of the bathroom.

The robe was perfectly modest, probably covering more of her than the dress she had worn to their wedding. But even the slightest suggestion of what might or might not be underneath made him slightly queasy. But queasy in a good way. Or it would have been a good way if this was a regular wedding night.
Adorable.

And this was just lovely:

Two hours later, Clark was having the most wonderful dream. Lois was laying there with him and she was kissing him. Before long, he realized it wasn't a dream but that they were stretched out on the couch, the wonderful weight of his wife lying on top of him, her lips against his.

The kisses were soft and gentle and he returned them without hesitation at first. Could she really know what she was doing? Was this something she really wanted?

Her kisses interrupted his thoughts and it took nothing to banish them to the far reaches of his mind.

He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her in to him. The kisses deepened, awakening something in him he had never felt before.

His hand slid slightly under her shirt until he just grazed the skin above the waistline of her flannel pants.

He heard her gasp before she pulled back from him.

"Clark? What's going on?"

"Lois?" He was puzzled.
Lois is so skittish. But she really wants to kiss Clark.

Lois slipped in between the covers, resting her head on the plush pillow and pulling the blankets close around her. She had been dreaming about what it would be like to kiss Clark and suddenly she was. They must have fallen asleep watching TV and with him so close... her subconscious must have really wanted to kiss him.
I'm glad she realizes that she kissed him because she wanted to herself.

She was amazed that he had stopped at the first sign of any hesitation on her part. She knew he loved her and she couldn't imagine that at least part of him didn't want to make love to her. It was their wedding night after all. Maybe someday...
And I'm so glad that she realizes that Clark was a most perfect gentleman. I'm even happier that she at least contemplates the idea of making love to him some day.

I loved that he held her while she slept... and...

She felt his arm tighten around her just a bit more.

"They were right," he whispered. "We fit together just right."

She closed her eyes and finally drifted back to sleep.

In many ways, she felt like she had finally come home.
Aaaawww!!!

And then...

Her first thought was that she wasn't at home. And what kind of pillow was that?

Lois opened her eyes just a sliver. A streak of sunlight peeked through the crack in the curtains, falling on Clark's face. That 'pillow' was his chest and she was resting in the crook of his arm as though she had lain there thousands of times before.

Under her hand was skin that was softer than she could have imagined and that belied the hard muscles beneath. Wow. She thought to herself that he must work out constantly to have abs like that.

Some primal urge encouraged her to run her hands over that six pack and those arms and possibly even...
Yes, Lois, you do so love him and want him! Now you just need to learn not to be so scared of the concept of giving yourself over to a man. And she already knows that Clark won't hurt her.

If she was truly honest with herself, she knew that he wouldn't hurt her the way her friends had been hurt by men, no, by boys who supposedly loved them, but she wasn't going to take any chances. Her heart was simply too fragile to risk.
But her heart is so fragile. <sigh>

Then they blew each other away again when they dressed up for their night out. Dear Aunt Louise.

I also loved Lois and Clark's discussion of her last name. 'Mrs Kent' was fine for her wedding night, but I agree that she should graduate as Lois Lane. And I think they should win a Pulitzer as Lane and Kent, too! laugh

Very sweet part, Carol!

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yay, what a nice and sweet chapter. And B-plot is always nice.

Game night was just the best, although I can't help but wonder if Clark let Lois win on purpose during TP?

And Lois is not just not ready, but she is actually afraid that it won't work out, that Clark will leave, her cheat on her, and stuff? This doesn't bode well, especially if he doesn't tell her soon. Late night strolls are so going to make trouble for them. But given how there is no A-plot in there, I need not worry, no Luthor to play into Lois insecurities. But for a soon to be high school graduate there might be even more risky situations than Luthor when it comes to relationships.

I can't wait to see where you are taking this and I so can't wait to read the "First Fight Letter" and the first fight, too.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
Columnist
This part was so sweet Carol! I love the idea of the letters. You know, it's always so irritating when characters tell you things like that and then you have to write them. It wouldn't be nearly as irritating if they didn't turn out to be right so often!

Lois is very smart to be worried about getting to close to Clark. If she sleeps for him, then that cements their marriage in a forever type way. And I don't think she's quite ready to make that commitment yet.

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
So many sweet things in the section that I could comment on.

First, I love that Clark is letting her know right off the bat that he plans this until death do them part. He only plans to have one wedding night so he wants to do this properly.

Second, it's sweet that he's caught off guard by the realization that he's sexually attracted to his wife. He knew from his letters and from his memory that he was in love with Lois, but it was different when they were together. Particularly, it was different knowing that she was his wife and she was naked in the next room. Intellectually he was fine with a platonic relationship (even though he not so secretly feels loving toward her), but in reality it feels far different.

On that note, I was expecting Clark to get and take a cold shower. I was so surprised to hear that he had gone to a quiet place to read his letter from Mom. I'm glad he told Lois such a personal and emotional secret. Hopefully Lois will be able to read them someday alongside her husband.

I found the discussion of the last name to be quite interesting. This whole marriage thing is still catching Lois off guard. In the series both she and Clark told each other that in their hearts they were already married. (I remember when James and I had a conversation like that when we were engaged. However, in reality I found that marriage was a much more vibrant shade of love and commitment.) Back on topic, this Lois is married to Clark but hasn't yet formed that commitment to be married to him in her heart.

Perhaps that's why she is so gunshy of physical intimacy. She is afraid her heart will be hurt like that of her friends. She has not yet come to the realization that it isn't the same to have sex inside the confines of "for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, forsaking all others, to love and to cherish for as long as we both shall live."

There was a little detail that I liked so very much. I enjoyed that Clark was able to get Lois to do the right thing during the Scrabble game without any arguments. It shows that he does speak her language in many ways.

Finally, I'm looking forward to their date.

You had said that this was a longer segment, but somehow it didn't feel long at all. It moved so easily from one segment to the next. In fact, it felt as if it left off just as the true fun was beginning.

Elisabeth

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
I think I've been horribly silent, although I've been following this story since the beginning. I really love the dynamic you have going here. In many ways, it's the dynamic of LnC with Clark much more ready admit he has feelings for Lois than the other way around, but with them as teenagers, it works very differently.

I love all the emotions coming through now. Clark's clear desire for Lois and Lois' less clear desire for him, and the skittishness and fear that keeps her from recognizing that desire.

And I have to say, I had to laugh at "President Presley". It shouldn't be given all the entertainment people in politics, but it seems comical to imagine a world where Elvis Presley was president of the US.

And I can't wait to read Martha's letters, although I'm already expecting them to make me cry.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay for accelerated posting schedules smile ...

I love the plotline with Martha's letters smile1

thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Sheila - I'm glad you're enjoying it! More on the A v. B plot in a second.

Ann - Of course, Lois wants to kiss Clark!! Who wouldn't?! Erm... well, you know what I mean. This Lois continues to amaze me. Not necessarily in that 'oh wow - MacGuyver couldn't have gotten out of that mess, but Lois Lane... not a problem and she didn't even have to call Superman to do it' way, but she's 'telling' me more about her past as I work on the rest of the story. She is skittish and her heart is more fragile than even I'd imagined.

Michael - You're so good! She is afraid it won't work out. Look at her parents and this is an even more difficult situation in so many ways. Yeah - those walks could be doozies wink but not for a bit yet.

Beth - Irritating is right. And it's Martha - she's always right.

Elisabeth - Well... this probably gets chalked up to the 90mph thing wink , but he read the letters the day before. He didn't say where he went when he went for a walk, but we'll find out in the next chapter [you're not too far off]. Lois is afraid for her heart and more than just because of what has happened to a friend or two - I don't remember off the top of my head how long it is until we start finding out more about it. And you're right about the 'for better or worse' stuff.

Anonpip - I'm glad you're enjoying it! I tried to put the Trivial Pursuit questions into the L/C world and since this is an Alt-U... President Presley seemed to fit. Actually, I was flipping through cards and that was one of the questions, though the correct answer didn't involve the title 'President'.

AnKS - If I can ever get focused on the two parts coming up that aren't done instead of getting sidetracked into parts I thought were done but characters are throwing me a loop on... 'Sure, I'll just skim though chapter 7 so I can make sure it leads in to ch. 8 well. Hmmm... what's that Lois? You want to have that conversation HERE?! And what happened? Really? And then he said... And you said...' And next thing you know, Chapter 7 is Chapter 7 and 8 and Chapter 8 is now Chapter 9 but what was planned for currently unwritten Chapter 10 is now either elsewhere or part of the still unwritten Ch. 13... *sigh* Anyway - if I can get those done, the posting schedule will probably change again wink .

Martha's letters will be a semi-recurring theme. They won't be mentioned in every segment or anything but they will in some throughout the entire story.

As for the no A plot thing... Well, maybe that's not strictly correct. This is a NaNo fic after all so it was a minimum of 50K words and the last time I put it all in one file it was 72K or so [and overwhelming so each chapter is it's own file again]. The majority of the story is B plot, but it's looking like 250 pages [and 27? 28? parts] at the moment, so it's not all going to be sitting around playing Scrabble with made up words or like on the beach in OP [though I may have to find a way to work in some of that dialog... hmmm...]. There is some A plot later, but in many ways it's only there to further the B plot rather than the other way around. At least that's the goal. In fact that's why I haven't posted the FFT that I had mostly done because someone [cough Alisha cough] pointed out that I gave one of the [minor] A plot points to much attention. So it's back to the drawing board [or Movie Maker] for that. Maybe. wink

I'm hoping to hear back about Martha's letters [sent them off to be BR'd - just to make sure they seem like Martha [or a Martha] 'talking' and haven't heard back yet], but will be posting them soon.

Thanks again!!!
Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard