ClarkLovesLois wrote:
It seems like everyone is of the mind that Talan is some type of threat to Lois and Clark's relationship. I don't know if I'm mis-reading but I never got the impression whatsoever that Clark would even for one second consider anyone but Lois.
I can only speak for myself, so this is how I see it. It's not that I think Clark is likely to begin a relationship with Talan (or anyone else) deliberately, it's that he's so emotionally and physically and spiritually drained that it's barely possible that he and Talan might meet accidentally when both of them are at their lowest, most vulnerable point, and Talan might decide that she can give him at least a portion of the comfort he so desperately needs. Besides, Talan is in need of the same kinds of comfort, and the only person in her world at the moment who could possibly meet her high standards is Clark. If anything were to happen between them, I'm sure that Talan would be the one to instigate it.

I don't think that's going to happen, especially not now. Clark killed someone. It doesn't matter that he did so in defense of both himself and of the innocents he was charged with defending. He views himself as having violated his own personal moral code. And his anger (at both Nor and at himself) for not killing Nor sooner and saving all those people will also work against him. Talan is in the best position to understand what Clark is feeling, but she's also the one to whom he must not turn for comfort because of the feelings for Clark which she's been hiding.

I'm ready for Clark to leave. No fuss, no ceremony, no big send-off, no state dinner, just get on the ship and kick it in the afterburners and go home to Lois.

Who will have tons of issues of her own with Clark.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing