Either there has been a discontinuity in the local space-time continuum, or I'm late. smile

Loved it. (As usual, yes, I know. I hope you're not getting bored by reading the same line from me over and over again. wink )

Los nodded. “Yes. And mother might kill him. No one else knows yet. Let’s not mention it now. I shouldn’t have mentioned it either.”
Good riddance. (Did I mention that I don't like Ching?) drool

She grinned a little. <I thought you were the one that was skittish about it.>

Zared nodded. <I am. But no use letting anyone know more than absolutely necessary. I guess I’m going to have to get *unskittish* right away.>
He should. Telepathy has certain advantages. Especially when dealing with reporters or other nosy people.

After an hour and fifteen minutes, Martha Kent walked in and sat beside Hannah. She had the most ridiculous disguise on. She looked like a punked hippie.
This is soo Martha. I can see her doing that. (Even more so than being portrayed in the nude.)

It looked much like the vest that Clark had worn on the mother ship when he underwent the ceremony of union to Zara.
Does this vest hold some significance to K'al? Just wondering.

Los nodded affirmatively at Caitlyn as he thought to Clark, <Father, you are struggling. Take a five minute break. Go to the bathroom. Get something to drink.>

Clark shook his head. <No, I’m fine.>

Caitlyn looked up. “Go.”
Hmm. Caitlyn developes some telepathy herself, huh? Who would have guessed...

Martha giggled. “Superman, you don’t look much like yourself with scrubs on. You look more like someone else.” She winked to let him know what she meant.
It's a good thing that no reporters have slipped through. Especially that a certain Ralph hasn't done so.

J’on nodded and smiled. <I think you really need to be at the meeting. I’ll suggest rescheduling it. Better yet, I’ll say *you* wanted it rescheduled.>
Yeah, Clark certainly wants to attend this one.

Suddenly he was stopped by someone. How dare someone stop him. It was so beautiful. He wanted to go towards the light.
As if his mother was not beautiful. Stupid boy.

Jon was looking past his mom. He was overcome by the beauty of the light. He started towards it again.
Always listen to your mom! Don't go there!

“Oh, Jon, I was so proud of you the way you helped Lara. She found out what happened to me, didn’t she?” Jon numbly nodded. “I want you to tell her how much I love her.
That's wonderful. Well done!

“I’m taking him in there to examine him so knock if you need to come in. Then he’s taking a nap.”
Some examination it is...

She supposed that date that Brandilyn had arranged by ‘buying’ Superman must have worked out better than anyone thought imaginable.
You bet!

He stood up and walked out the door. He leaned toward Jessi. “Are you going to the family get together over the weekend?” She nodded. “Should be interesting, don’t you think?”

She looked at him wildly. “You… you’re coming?”

He nodded. “Just remember to stay calm when I get there. It won’t be obvious.”
Perhaps Clark should take a course in maintaining a secret identity, himself. He doesn't do too good a job of it recently.

Zared nodded. <I had Chloe tell Jenni to call me in sick. I guess if I try to get some sleep, though, I could still make it to the Planet.>

Clark raised an eyebrow. “Sick?”

Zared shrugged. “I figured that sounded as good as ‘family emergency’. It’s not like I could tell them the truth.”
Perhaps Zared could teach him? Nah, he had his own slip. At least he has learned his lesson.

Clark chuckled. “Well, your sister and I *are* friends.”

She rolled her eyes and shrugged. “Friends. Uh-huh. Good friends. *Very* good friends. Call if you need anything.”
Friends, indeed. sloppy

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)