First, I'm first. I get to go first....

"Kathryn Parker?" he asked.
Any relation to Peter?

Kathryn knew that she had done nothing that was even remotely outside the law, but opening your door to find a couple of FBI agents - of all people - standing there wasn't something especially reassuring anyway.
That happened to me when I was living in Columbus. They wanted to know what I knew about my neighbor who I barely even saw. Still pretty scary. And there were at least four of them waiting to pounce on said neighbor.

Scary prospect for Kathryn.

Right... You usually hide in Smallville instead. Which is ridiculous, cause it's the one event you host that you could easily attend every year! It's a costume party, Clark.
I think she’s pulling his leg that this is an ‘annual’ event. Is he going as Superman? wink

It had been years since Clark had been in the presence of other people besides Lana and in a way he missed it.
You need to get out, Clark.

People don't even know for sure what you look like, you made sure of that after Capetown - remember?
Ooh, I hope we find out what happened in Capetown.

Lana knew she was right although she was stepping into quick sand with this line of questioning. She'd tried to convince him time and time again that the life he led was terribly unhealthy, but he no longer listened. And while she knew that she was free to do as she pleased, she couldn't help but stay there with him. He was miserable and she knew it. How could she have left him all alone with no one to speak to ever again? He'd given her a future when she no longer had one; he'd taken care of her when there was no one left who would; how could she then, in good conscience, just abandon him when it was clear he needed her? If she'd done that, then he would have likely just withered away and died. Forgotten and alone. Just the thought of that broke her heart.
Awww…

"Yeah, I wish I was a normal human man..." he whispered, barely loudly enough for her to hear. He continued, in a normal speaking voice. "Whatever, it doesn't matter, I'll barely be there long enough for anyone to notice anyhow."
Aww… Lois will bring him out of his shell.

"Get yourself a sexy costume, now, you hear? If we're going to be seen there together, I'd like you to look... you know... like a woman. Not like what you usually wear... Lois, suits are for men - it doesn't matter if yours have a skirt instead of a pair of pants, they're still suits. You'd get much better results if you dressed... you know... more attractively."
Sexual harassment, much, Lex?

I want more! I want more! Nancy pounds her fists on her desk and pouts. More, more, more, more, more, more, more....

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~